Chapter Six: Tom Brady and Tackling

Picture of Kenneth above!

"Can you repeat that?"

"I said we're trapped." Talia sighs, her voice sounding closer and closer. "And the smoke's filling up the room. Not to get anyone nervous or anything."

"What?!" I shrieked. "Help us!" Dylan screams, banging on the door.

All of us scream and yell, for half an hour at he most. I send out a text to Sierra, praying that she'll get it. And she does, responding with a two word answer.

I smile, glad that she was able to get the message

I smile, glad that she was able to get the message. "Sierra's on her way." Sighs of relief fill up the room. "Don't sigh too hard!" Dylan shouts. "We barely have any fresh air as it is!" He exclaimed. And he was right, I could see the fluffy, white pillows of smoke climbing up the stairwell. Talia bangs on the door louder, shouting, but it was too late.

The smoke filled up the room, and it was as if everything was put into slow motion. Talia and Dylan, both passed out, then Natalie, with Kenneth running towards her. "Stay awake, guys! Tot! Stay awake!" Blaze yells weakly, letting out a cough. His coughs became more frequent, before he stopped abruptly. "Are you okay?" I called. He shifted over to face me, and nodded. "Good." I said, as the rest of the world faded to black.

"Get her up! She needs air." Someone called. "Stay away from her!" Someone else said, definitely Natalie. "I need to make sure she's okay!" The other voice said. "She doesn't need you." Kenneth growled. "Come on, Tatiana, wake up." Someone said, before the voices became noise, and then nothing at all.

Multiple faces greeted me as soon as I opened my eyes. "Sleeping Beauty wakes up!"

"Are you okay, we thought you-"

"We're almost-"

"About to be-"

"Sick-"

"Of you kids crowding around her." An ambulance worker says, exasperated. "Can you please back up a little, so I can make sure she's okay?"

The rest of the group nods, and all collectively move back at the same time. He checks my temperature, and puts a flashlight on my eyes, and all that boring check up stuff. "You should be fine, but take it easy, you and your group inhaled a lot of smoke." He walks away, and he group surrounds me again.

I sit up, swinging my legs over the bed. After hugging everyone, Blaze sits on the edge of the bed with me. "Did you pass out?" I mumbled.

He shakes his head. "I have no idea." I nod. "Where's Sierra I asked her to open the door for us." I look around, seeing nobody but my friends.