Beach

My alarm blares in my ear at 8 a.m., signaling my unfortunate obligation to now live in reality for another 16 hours before I can go back to sleep and not be bothered.

I make my bed and go into the bathroom, taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Since I live alone, I just dry myself off and hang up the towel, walking naked around my apartment to gather the things I need to get ready for the day and start on my breakfast.

I pop two pieces of bread into the toaster and take out the jam and some eggs that I will make once I am clothed. Cooking with heat while I am fully naked does not sound like the smartest idea.

I walk over to my iHome in the living room and plug my phone into it, blasting whatever comes onto my "Top 100" playlist that I have saved. "NO" by Meghan Trainor starts to play and I instantly start to dance around, imitating the dance in the music video. If there's ever been a perfect girl anthem, it is this one.

I hear a gasp and an embarrassed cough come from behind me and my movements cease, eyes widening. I turn around and am facing Louis. I quickly cover myself with the throw pillows on the couch, holding one up to my top area and one to my bottom area.

"I-I'm so sorry Holly. I was knocking but you weren't answering and I heard the music blasting, and the door was unlocked so I thought I would just come in and put your mail on the counter and leave. The mail person keeps giving me your mail, and I know how mad you were about me keeping your mail, and I didn't want to make you mad anymore, so, oh God I'm rambling. I should just go. I'll see you later, Holly," he says, waving quickly before scurrying out the door, closing it firmly behind him.

I am painfully aware of the red covering my face and spreading down to my neck from embarrassment, but I have to continue to get ready or I will be late.

Tammy said to wear something casual but still presentable, so I instantly think of some short white shorts, some black flip flops, and a pink and white patterned tank top. Since all of my bras and underwear seem to be dirty at the moment because I am lazy and absolutely hate doing laundry, I am forced to wear my white bikini underneath.

I leave my hair to air-dry because it creates beachy waves that I adore, and put on a very light coat of makeup, only applying thin eyeliner, mascara, and some concealer.

By the time I am done getting ready, my toast is done and the pan I heated up earlier is hot enough to start my eggs. I  scramble some eggs really quickly and add ketchup before spreading strawberry jam onto my toast, pouring a glass of orange juice and setting it all up nicely on the island. I sit down on the stool in front of my food and eat my breakfast while absentmindedly browsing through my phone.

While I'm browsing and eating my breakfast, I get a text from Roz. 

Hey honey, when are you going to come back to work? I have  a list of clients for you but I haven't seen you in a while.

I instantly feel guilty because I realize I've been neglecting work and if I keep up what I'm doing, I won't have a job. I text her back and let her know that I'll call her later today and discuss it with her, then quickly finish up my breakfast and rinse everything out in the sink.

I grab what I need and leave, locking the door behind me and waiting out on the front steps for the car to arrive. I feel as though I've waited on these steps a million times.

A sleek black town car pulls up in front of me, and the driver gets out to come and open the door for me. I see Harry sitting on the opposite side of the car, and I smile at him before hopping in alongside him.

He smiles back at me, and I instantly get a good feeling about this date. He seems to be in a good enough mood, and although I was just walked in on dancing naked to a Meghan Trainor song, I'm in a pretty good mood as well.