Chapter 3

preferred song to listen to: so far away - Agust D ft. Suran

-first person-

I was running down the hallway, breathing heavily and sweat rushing down my head. I didn't know what to do. I kept trying to find the farthest bathroom from 'him'. Yes, Baekhyun. I looked behind me and saw him running as well to catch up to me. As I ran, voices entered my head, telling me what I am, what I've been all my life. The voices of the people got louder, they started saying my name more often. I was scared. Terrified. The restroom was 2 buildings ahead. 'It's just two buildings,' I thought in my head.

Wrong. It was 2 deathtraps. People looked at me in the halls as I ran, I was pressured and forced myself to run faster. I was tired, my heart was beating faster than I ever imagined. Breathing patterns spiked. I felt like I was being chased by a horde of imaginary zombies, wanting the flesh but instead... They just want me gone. I'm never needed... Wait... I'm never needed...

-third person-

He looked behind only to see Baekhyun once more still running after him. The restroom was to his left and he rushed to the sink. He turned on the sink and splashed the cold water on his face, trying to wake up from this 'dream' of his. He slapped himself thinking this never existed, he thought wrong. "I have no purpose, no matter what I do... They'll just run the opposite direction," Sehun said aloud. He placed his hands parallel from each other. In his head, he thought that he would be scolded by BaekHyun.

"You won't have a purpose if you keep telling yourself that," BaekHyun said as he looked at Sehun with his piercing eyes. "I used to think that way as well... But at least I fought for me being happy. Do you want me to show you something that scars me til this day?.." He lifted his long sleeve, revealing a scar on his upper arm. "I was shot because people wanted me dead. Your saying you have no purpose? That's fine. I didn't have a purpose as well. Not until I fought against the people who thought wrong," BaekHyun said powerfully, Sehun eyes widened.

He clenched his fists, "I'm terrified. I don't know what to expect from people and I get disgusted because I don't want to find out what people think of me. I just want to end it already. You already know my answer, they still hate me. They always will." Baekhyun made Sehun face him, "Look at my face and tell me, does it look like I hate you?.. If you can't answer that now, I don't know when you will..." He exited the bathroom and walked back to class. Sehun took some time to look at himself in the mirror. He saw the image of himself 9 years ago, when he was just 13 years old. He could see his shorter self, smiling in the mirror and waving at him.

After looking at his younger reflection for sometime and walked back to the classroom. As he walked, BaekHyun's words repeated in his head. 'I was shot... Not until I fought the people against me... I didn't have a purpose...' He wanted to cry, but it would make him look weak. People would take pictures and videos. They'd laugh and make fun of him. Beat him up, all those things to make him suffer because like he said... Everyone hates him... but BaekHyun.

The class was right in front of his eyes. He looked at his seat, only to find the short male doing work and not paying attention to anything else. Everyone else was socializing and just ignored Sehun's depressed looked face. He looked down and thought ways to gain BaekHyun's attention, but he gave up and just sat next to him. He mushed his lips together and started doing work. He moved the rocket closer to him to make a sketch as its a part of the analyzing process, but BaekHyun just grabbed it and put it on the right side of him.

Class was about to end, it was just three more minutes. THREE whole minutes. Sehun couldn't hold his patience, he kept glancing at BaekHyun's beautiful figure. That's all he did, just looking at how beautiful the shorter male was. Before class ended, the teacher gave the students an assignment.. A rather interesting one. "Since class is about to end, I'm giving you all homework to do for the next two days. Here's the twist, you are working with your table partner." Those last words echoed in Sehun's head. "Shit," he said in his head. He didn't know what to do but just relax.

The bell rang and Baekhyun demanded, "Meet me outside." Sehun walked out and went to Baekhyun. As he did, a group of girls covered their face, smiled and waved at Baekhyun, he just ignored them. "We're going to my house to do this assignment... Or are you scared that your gonna get hate from my family?.." Sehun shook his head, "Not at all..." In his head, he was wondering what he was getting himself into, but he thought this was the only way he would change. This was his only chance to show Baekhyun that he's not afraid. "Great! Now lets go to my car, the quicker the better and less of a hassle."

The car was really close by, so it didn't take long to get there. Baekhyun told Sehun to open the trunk. It was locked. "Baekhyun, it's sorta locked." He tossed Sehun the keys, opening the trunk. "Are you ready yet? I don't like being here, there's too much people," Baekhyun said. Sehun nodded his head. He entered the car and buckled his seat belt. Baekhyun started the engine and got on the road.

-15 minutes later-

As Baekhyun pulled up in the front yard, Sehun looked outside only to see a family outside talking. It was his mom, dad, and brother. "I'm hooooooomeeeee..." Baekhyun said, calling his family over. His mother was surprised to see a new face, "Oh hello! I'm Mrs. Byun, you can call me mom as well. Gotta take care of the youngsters as usual! What's your name?" "My name is Oh Sehun, glad to meet you." 

Sehun was expecting something more horrible, but everything seems alright. "My, my! Such a handsome man for your age, I wish I was youthful... Call me Mr. Byun or... Yeah you can call me that. Nice to meet you Sehun!" He held his hand out to be shook and Sehun did shake his surprisingly. "Your parents must be lucky to have you as your son," Mrs. Byun said. Sehun gulped, "Yeah... Parents." "Woaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.... YOUR SO TALL," Baekhyun's older brother, BaekBeom pointed out. Sehun nodded his head, slowly. "Oh, come inside Sehun! Baekhyun told me about your assignment on your way, so we already know," Mrs. Byun said. "Oh, okay... mom..." Saying mom hit Sehun hard, he hadn't said that in 9 years.

"Ready to start," Baekhyun asked. The taller male nodded his head. "Follow me then." Baekhyun guided Sehun through the house, pointing out restrooms, bedrooms, family rooms, etc. "And here we are... My room." It was very clean, LIKE REALLY CLEAN. "Here's the desk... Sorry there's only one chair." Sehun shook his head, "No! It's fine. I can stand." Baekhyun didn't want him to stand so he scooted over to make room for him. "Sit down, its fine. I don't like it when people look tired, it makes me feel bad." Sehun understood exactly what Baekhyun meant, he hated being tired himself, slouching, it ruins his posture. "I hate it too, but I really shouldn't... I should improve o-" "Sit the hell down..." Baekhyun chuckled.

"So before we start can I just say this one thing to get over with?..." Sehun responded, "Shoot." He was waiting for a response from Baekhyun, but when he blinked, he felt a rush of energy spread through his body, moisture and warmth on his lips. It was the most relaxing this he felt in 9 years. They moved in sync, slowly, with sympathy and understanding each other. It was a moment Sehun couldn't forget. The two didn't want to break from the long lasting kiss. They breathed in each others scent. They broke away, each others foreheads connected.

"That was amazing..." Baekhyun said, breathing heavily. Sehun responded, "I loved that..." Mrs. Byun was standing in the doorway, "Oh my god... This is your boyfriend you've been talking about!! I'm so happy for you Baekhyun! Honey! This is the boy Baekkies been talking about." Baekhyun started blushing in front of Sehun's face. "Answer my question now you monstrous lover... Does it look like I hate you," Baekhyun asked.

Sehun kissed the boy once more, lasting longer. They were synchronized, nothing could tear them apart. "Did that answer your question?.." Baekhyun slapped him on the hand, "Don't answer my question with a question that requires my answer, you little toe," he chuckled.

.

Maybe good things do happen to me...

.

Did I make you fangirl/boy? I LOVED WRITING THIS. I made it slightly longer in exchange of the 3 days. Originally was gonna be about 1800 words but I lost progress after my internet connection. i cri. Make sure you vote and comment what you think about this chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did. Let me know if the 3 day delay was worth it! See you later Potatoes!