Chapter 2

Photo of Raphael 

Raphael P.O.V

I was just walking out of the training room when I heard Alexis screaming for someone to get out. Being Alexis's brother didn't mean we feel each other's emotions but, I knew that she was very angry and distressed. I ran towards the pack house to see a black SUV leaving the premises. I rush inside and into the living room to find Alexis on the phone, she turns to me her eyes pitch black; I submit without a second thought.

Messing with my sister would be the last thing I ever do, unless I have a death wish. Turning back around while speaking to whoever was on the phone, she mind links me.

You must go to father and tell him there is a rouge army being formed in the bayou. Please ask him for advice as to what we... I should do.

Right away.

As I approach father's chamber's I overhear him speaking to someone, however I do not recognize the voice. I burst in ready to tell father what Alexis commanded me to, only to stop dead in my tracks....Mother.

I had always heard stories about my mother and how she was father's second mate but, not his true mate. How father loved her but, she left him (when I was an infant) after finding her true mate. She was beautiful, with her long wavy brown hair, pale skin with a few freckles on the nose; like mine and sea blue eyes.

"Hello son." I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

I just stare at her. Turning to father I tell him how the Alpha King Luke and his Beta Tank were here to warn us. I go off into details and notice father, even though in pain grins like child.

"Why are you grinning father?" I say walking over to sit on the bed next to him.

"I have a plan that will help your sister defeat the Alpha pack that she so desperately wants to defeat for power." Father says with a glow on his face. I just smile back at him, glad to see him happy.

"Call your sister, we have much to discuss."

"Father I think she found her mate, she is furious."

"She found him! That's great. Son you must convince her that having a mate by her side will bring her the power she needs to become the strongest pack in the world."

I turn to my mother, study her before speaking.

"How could you abandon me like that? I'm your son, and you are my mother." I wasn't sure if I should be happy, angry or upset that she has turned up like this.

"Soon." That was all she said before jumping out the ranch sliding door.

I turned on my heel, feeling father's eyes follow me. Going back in the living room I see Alexis sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Father would like to speak with you." I knew Alexis too well to know she wouldn't want to talk about her feelings. I just hoped she would change her mind about being without her mate. I knew what I had to do. I left Alexis to come in her own time and went upstairs, heading for fathers' room again. I walked in and froze in my tracks like an ice sculpture, father was actually standing. The creases within his skin were faded and looked young again. It was a miracle.

Father turned to look at me and smiled like a child who had just learnt to ride his bike for the first time. I rushed over to his side and put an arm out to help support his weight. So many questions poured through my brain.

"Father you must rest, you are still weak" I said with concern in my voice.

"Son you must listen to me. I have never felt so alive until right now" Father says with a confused look on his face.

"Raph, where is your sister we must talk now." As if on cue in walked Alexis, she too froze. She couldn't bring herself to speak. I could feel her stress subside, instead filled with happiness tears slide down her cheeks.

She ran to father's sided and buried her head into the crease of his neck. The weight fell on me, making me wobble. I could feel father shaking from the weight and quickly pulled Alexis from father, moving him back to the bed to sit down but father shook his head.

"Please let go I'm doing fine I need to walk on my own if I'm to get better right away." Father glowed like never before.

"How is this even possible? It happened so fast." I just didn't understand, something wasn't right.

Without answering father used his wolf speed and raced out the door, using my wolf hearing I heard him leave the house and into the woods at the other end of the paddock.