Take Me Away: Chapter 3

"Wh-Who are you?" I stuttered.

"I just told you Annie, my name is Soul."

"Don't call me Annie..."

"Why not?" he smirked.

"Cause I don't like it...Where am I?"

"I told you, you're in the dream world."

"What does that mean?"

"Annie." He laid his hand on top of my knee.

"Don't touch me!" I backed away from him.

"Please calm down."

"Why should I? For all I know you kidnapped me when I was sleeping!"

"I didn't kidnap you." He rolled his eyes.

"Then why am I here!"

"Okay you need to calm down," he sighed.

"Annie-"

"Stop! It's Annabelle!"

"Annabelle," he gritted his teeth, "you're a lucid dreamer."

"What does that mean?"

"Are you kidding me? You're a straight A student and you don't know what 'lucid dreamer' means?" I shook my head no. "Basically, it means that you can control your dreams, hence dream world and y'know, you being able to talk to me," he chuckled.

"I'm dreaming," I whispered.

"Yes! How many times do I have to repeat myself?"

"Don't get snarky with me," I scoffed.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Get me out of here," I demanded.

"Fine...just wake up."

I clung my legs to my chest and tried to talk myself out of my dream state. I dug my nails into my legs and began pinching random parts of my body; nothing was working. I started getting worried that'd I'd be stuck there forever. Soul twisted his face and observed me in my confused state.

"Don't worry, time moves quickly here."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, eight hours in the 'real world' is only about an hour here."

"Really..." I smiled.

"Yeah...if you're really that miserable here, you have no reason to worry, you should be out of here soon."

"Oh thank god," I sighed.

"But...I don't know why you'd ever want to leave," he mumbled.

"Why would I want to stay here?"

"Well...you're away for those bullies at school, all those judgmental people on the street, and of course your shitty ass parents." He said as he picked at his nails. "But hey, you know better than I do. I'm sure you'd rather spend your life getting beaten to a pulp rather than staying here with me and living a virtually perfect life." I was speechless. He was right, my life would be better if I lived, well, not at home. As I thought to myself I noticed that everything around me started getting brighter. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I looked over to Soul to find him waving. "Bye Annie."