Take Me Away: Chapter 6

"Annie, please calm down."

"S-Soul?" I stuttered.

"I'm here Annie."

"How'd I get here?"

"When you were having your little meltdown, you kinda fell asleep."

"Oh," I sniffled, "I tend to do that a lot..."

"I've noticed," he smiled. "What happened to you? Are you okay?"

"No," I pouted. "I'm pretty far from okay."

"Well, come here, sit." He frowned and pat the space in front of him. "Look at me," he mumbled. He started poking at my bloody bruised nose.

"Ow! Watch it!"

"Sorry," he cringed. "I got an idea."

"What?" He flashed me a smile and cupped his hands over my nose.

"Dream that your nose is fixed."

"Huh?"

"Dream that your nose is fixed," he repeated.

"I-I don't understand."

"Don't make me say it again! Just close your eyes and imagine your nose that way it was before today." I quickly rolled my eyes before I squeezed them shut

My nose is fixed. My nose is fixed. My nose is fixed.

"Alright," he whispered. "Open your eyes." He removed his hands from my injured face and I was greeted by a little toothy grin.

"What are you smiling at?"

"Look." He snapped his fingers and in the blink of an eye, a small mirror was sitting in his hands.

"How'd you do that?"

"You seem to be forgetting that this is a dream world...anything could happen. Here," he said. He handed me the mirror with a smile still plastered on his face. I raised the mirror to my face and started to beam with joy.

"My nose is all fixed!" I cheered. I dropped the mirror and began poking at my uninjured nose. "How did you do it?"

"I didn't do anything."

"What?"

"What just happened...that was all you Annie...you fixed your nose, I just pushed you into doing it."

"Well, thank you."

"Now, try fixing your cheek."

"By myself? Are you serious? I just learned that I can actually do cool shit like this-"

"Don't swear."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you picking up your parents horrific habits, that's all."

"Oh...okay then. Anyway, I just figured out I can do stuff like this. How on earth do you expect me to fix my cheek?"

"You can do it. Come on, just try it."

"Fine..." I cupped my hands over my cheek and closed my eyes once more.

My cheek is fixed. My cheek is fixed. My cheek is fixed.

"Open." I opened my eyes and looked to the floor where the mirror sat.

"Oh my god!" I gasped. "I did it!"

"Yes you did," he smiled.

"That's so cool!"

"Isn't it? You can do anything here if you believe."