Chapter 2

The normal looks and whispers greeted me as I approached the bus stop. Great. Everyone thinks that they know me but no one really does. They know me as the freak. The one who has the 'problems'. The one who always sits alone.

I tried my best to ignore them. I put my headphones in, looked towards the ground and pretended not to hear what they said. They were always talking about me behind my back and were always finding new ways to make my life difficult. I hoped none of them had sat in my usual spot in the bus. The only spot where I feel I can relax.

When I got on the bus, it was like everyone fell silent, and then came the whispers. I was sick of getting this reaction every day, however I pretended not to care and scanned the seats for mine......and there it was. Occupied. I could see them laughing, knowing what it was doing to me. I could feel the pressure building up inside me, the panic attack coming. I couldn't take it any more. I shoved past the people still making their way onto the bus and ran back out onto the street. I couldn't breathe properly and gasp for breath was all I could manage to do. I felt as though I'd been running for miles, and all it took was a seat. God I hated their guts so much, and because of them I would have to walk.

Of course, walking made me late for school. I'd missed half of first period, and they loved it. I could see it written across all their faces as I walked into the class. I moved towards my seat at the very front, away from everyone else, with all of their eyes cast upon me. I tried to avoid eye contact, but my eyes met with one other pair of eyes. The eyes belonged to the one who'd stolen my seat. The one who made my life a living hell. The one who had got everyone else to start teasing me. Quinn Summers......