Chapter One

Len was going to kill Mick. He really was. Slowly. And painfully. When your partner is in a compromising situation, you're supposed to help them, not smirk and take photos. But that's exactly what he was doing now, and Len wanted to wipe that smug smile off his face. As soon as he could move without waking Ray up, who had fallen asleep and slid down the back of the sofa to lay his head on his lap.

His torment was worsened, however, when Sara walked in, grinned, and fled back down the corridor... Only to come back moments later with the rest of the crew, who immediately stopped to gawk at the strange spectacle presented to them. "Are you guys seeing this, or did I hit my head somewhere?" Asked Jax. "No, we're seeing this too. I can assure you, Jefferson, your vision has not been impaired." Replied Professor Stein distractedly.

Ray chose this moment roll over in his sleep, groaning as he hit the floor with a thud. Seizing his opportunity to escape, Len all but ran past his teammates, down the hall to his and Mick's shared quarters. Unbeknownst to Len, Mick had followed him.

As Len faceplanted onto his bunk, Mick entered the room and looked at him. "You like him." Mick said. It wasn't a question, he was just stating the obvious. There was a pause. "...No..." Replies Len. Mick snorts and rolls his eyes at his idiotic partner. "Really? 'Cos before I came in you were stroking his hair and smiling." Len rolled over to glare at Mick. "Fine. I like the Boy Scout." Silence, until... "Technically it's Eagle Scout. I completed all the badges"

Len shot upright and Mick turned to the door where a sheepish Ray stood, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "I, uh, brought your book back. You left it on the sofa." His words were punctuated by the brandishing of Len's book and his signature puppy dog eyes. Len took a moment to appreciate how cute he was before schooling his features into a neutral expression, determined not to embarrass himself any further.

"Well." Started Mick. "You guys clearly have important stuff to discuss." He walked to the door, and after pushing Ray towards the bed, turned to tell Len "Don't kill the Boy Scout." With those final words of advice, he left and shut the door behind him, sealing Len to his fate. No going back now...