Chapter Two

Ray stood awkwardly by the bed, still holding the book out like a peace offering to Leonard. For a moment, there was only silence, until Ray sighed, placing the book on his nightstand. Len's fingers drummed out a pattern on his knee, revealing his inner nervousness. He was unsure how the other man would react to the revelation, would he be mad? Outright reject him? Would Ray try and be his usual sweet self and let him down easy, or just never talk to him again?

The self proclaimed Captain was so deep in his own head, that he didn't notice the object of his desire sitting down next to him until a quiet voice startled him out of his thoughts. "Did you mean it?" Ray questioned. After a moment, Len simply nodded slowly, not wanting to look at the disgust that he was sure was evident on Ray's face. He was definitely not expecting the words that came from the brunettes mouth next. "But I thought you liked Sara? You spend way more time with her than anyone except Mick." Len looked at him and saw only confusion on his face. No outright rejection. No anger. He hadn't made a swift and silent exit.

After a few moments spent scanning Ray's face, he decided that Ray, despite his many achievements and qualifications, was an idiot. "Raymond. I'm gay, and therefore Sara is definitely not my type." They only spent so much time together because Sara was dating Lisa, and the other Legends didn't exactly jump at the chance to spend time with him. Len barely had enough time to take in Ray's quiet "Good." before the other man had pushed him back on the bed and attached their lips together. Before long, the kiss had turned into a full on makeout session.

Suddenly, Ray froze, then pulled away from Len. Confused, he sat up and followed Ray's gaze to the door. Where Mick was stood taking photos. And the rest of the team stood behind him, cashing in their bets.

Len really was going to kill Mick.