Kisses Aren't Just Magic, There Real

I woke up feeling better than the night before as I sat up, confused. I saw Logan through the dim light, He looked at me and answered the question which was obviously written across my face.

"You fainted when we passed through but you're fine now" 

he said as he rests his hand gently on my forehead to check my temperature. I leaned forward and kissed him softly as his eyes widened in surprise

Oh God, how stupid can you be Azure! 

I screamed at myself inside my head as I squirmed uncomfortably in the to-tight sheets around me. As a kid, I would always kick the sheet to the end of the bed because I didn't like the feel of it. No different now (or was I?) I had kicked the sheets to the end of the bed. I now felt cold, not just cold, but isolated. After I had kissed Logan, he had seemed flustered then offered a half-hearted excuse to get away from me. I knew I had done something huge wrong, but I couldn't figure it out. I finally settled on the idea that I had been his first kiss but how could I? 

I thought... I mean.... look at him! I flopped my head around on the pillow not even remembering where I was. I mean, I remember stepping through the portal-ball like thing, then waking up here. I scanned the room and found it wasn't adorned with much. In the corner, there was a small wooden rocker that I couldn't have fit into if I tried. On the dirt walls, I could see a collection of afkans and old rugs lining the walls. I studied the weavings and recognized they must be Indian. I looked at the imagines portrayed on them and wistfully wished I could transport myself into the very weaving itself. The rug showed a forest, not dense, but not sparse either.

 A river ran through the entire scene, and I could see a white stag in the background. I attempted to sit up and go over to the rug, but I was so weak I collapsed back onto the bed groaning as pain shot up my leg. I clutched the comforter above my leg and prayed the pain would stop. It felt like when a doctor bangs you softly on the knee to see your reaction, but almost a thousand times harder than the small plastic instrument could hit. I wince sharply as the pain finally subsided and lay back onto the bed. I realized then that it wasn't really a bed at all, but more of a cot made to look like one. I had no idea how I had gotten here but I closed my eyes tight, wishing for Logan to come back, even if I had to grovel and beg for him to forgive my sudden movements. Meaning the kiss, I sighed and let my thoughts be consumed by Logan as I drifted into a aroused state of sleep.

I finally realized it wasn't Logan's bedroom when a tanned and wrinkled old lady came into the room. I had been "sleeping" for only about 2 and a half hours, and Logan still hadn't returned. 

I looked at the old woman as she brushed off some dirt from the weaving on the wall, the one I had been admiring earlier. She came over to me and said nothing, but her eyes were none like anything I had seen before, they were deep red with freckles of white and black spattered across them. She had wiry black hair that fell down to her hips and crinkles all along her face. She turned away from me for a second and went behind the cot (to a place I hadn't seen yet) and I could hear her mumbling something and shuffling around. 

I jolted as I heard a door slam, and my heart picked up to an inhuman rate. I calmed almost immediately thought when I saw Logan appear at the doorway, I wasn't feeling as weak as I had before and I almost withered slightly under his intense gaze until he turned to the woman. " Do you know whats wrong yet?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper although he knew I could hear him fine. The woman said nothing, so I had no clue if she had nodded or not. Logan slowly followed her out of the door and I was left alone in the semi-darkness once more.

 Logan slowly followed her out of the door and I was left alone in the semi-darkness once more