Chapter 1

((Italics are thoughts))

Feliciano never liked school, he was constantly bullied for his size. For a boy, Feliciano was short, skinny, and not very strong. He had no friends, not even his own brother would speak to him. But, there was always one thing that made school worse. He's gay. His parents were ashamed of him. They had their speculations on the older brother as well, so they sent them to an all boys boarding school.

*flashback*

The four sat in the living room. Roderich and elizabeta have been happily married for over 20 years. They own a small church in their neighborhood and had two sons. Lovino and Feliciano Vargas. They adopted them from Italy in a small orphanage in Florence. "Father, Mother, I have an announcement" Feliciano says quietly. "What is it feliciano?" Elizabeta asks her youngest son. "I've been meaning to tell you this for years, but i just couldn't find the courage. But, I've done some thinking and I think now is a good time to tell you be-" "Feliciano, just tell us." Elizabeta says putting her hand on his knee. "I-" he takes a deep breath, "i'm gay." Roderich drops his book, "what?" He says with disbelief in his voice. "I- i'm gay." "Get out" "but fath-" "get out of this house right now! No homosexual will be living under my roof!" "Roderich, stop" "no! It's a sin! No son of mine will be a dirty queer!" "But father i-" "i'm no longer your father." Roderich says, leaving the room. Two days later, Roderich walks into Feliciano's room. "Pack." "what why?" "You and your brother are leaving, you're going to boarding school in London. If you are not straight by the time you graduate, you're not allowed to return." "Ye sir." Roderich leaves the room and Feliciano starts packing everything into boxes.

*end flashback*

It's Feliciano's second year at this horrible school. He walks into his first class, avoiding eye contact and sitting in the very back. "Welcome back to class students. Now, before we talk about our summers, I would like to welcome a new student, Ludwig Beilschmidt." The blonde student walks into the room, looking at the class. The only empty chair is by the small auburn haired boy. "Why don't you go sit back by Feliciano." The class snickers and feliciano sinks in his chair. Ludwig walks back and sits down, looking at the small boy. "Hi, I'm Ludwig" he says sticking out his hand slightly, gesturing Feliciano to shake it. Feliciano ignores the hand, glancing at it, then looking away. "Okay then." Ludwig says, obviously upset about the student ignoring him. "Alright class, I'm Dr.Yao. This is AP government and debate. I would like you to get with a partner, and pick wisely, this is your debate partner for the rest of the year. Now get in your groups and we'll discuss our first topic." The teacher sits down at his desk observing the students. Looking around, he sees two students not talking to anyone. "Here, why don't you guys work together." Feliciano looks over at Ludwig and up at Dr. Yao. "i think you boys would make great friends." Ludwig looks over a Feliciano and Feliciano gives a half hearted smile. "So i guess we should introduce ourselves. I'm Ludwig, but you already knew that, From my thick accent, you can tell im from Germany, a little town... middle of nowhere actually. What about you?" Ludwig says to Feliciano, who wasn't up for conversation. "I'm Feliciano, i'm from Italy." Feliciano says quietly. "Class, quiet down. Now about our first debate topic. In recent events, some new laws have been passed in the United States." The class snickers, Feliciano and Ludwig look at each other confused. "Okay, okay, this is serious. As you know Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states." Feliciano's head shoots up and everyone's looking at him. "Hey queer, looks like somewhere might actually want you now." One of the students says. The whole class laughs. Ludwig looks over at Feliciano concerned. Feliciano sinks down in his chair, obviously embarrassed. "wait , You're?" Ludwig whispers to Feliciano. Feliciano just nods and looks away, "what, are you going to laugh at me too?" "Wha- no! No, i-" "don't even try to make me feel better, you're probably just like the rest of them." "Now with only five minutes of class left, meet with your partner tonight and be ready to tell the class your viewpoint." The bell rings and Ludwig writes down his number on a small slip of paper and says, "give me a rings and i'll be over!" Ludwig smiles and leaves the classroom. Feliciano can't help but wonder about this boy. What is this feeling, my hands are sweating, and my hearts racing... do I l-like Ludwig? No that's silly Feliciano he's not gay. Ludwig walks down the hallway to his next class. So, Feliciano's gay? His smile must be beautiful, and his laugh could be so full of life... and his voice moaning my name. No. Ludwig stop. Homosexuality is a sin. I'm not a sinner.