Chapter 8: The S.S Anne! (Part 2)

I enjoyed the delicious snacks the food table had to offer, but pretty soon I felt exhausted. I told Rachel, who was dancing with some other trainer, that I was going to head to our room and sleep for a little bit. As I was walking down the halls back to our room, which was number 115, I noticed a lot of Pokemon battles going on. I saw many new Pokemon, but I was too weary to take a closer look at them. I came into our room, and saw Kimmy's Pokeball on the bed. I went through Rachel's bag, found my Pokeball, tapped on it, and fell asleep inside.

4 Hours Later

My eyes slowly opened, I looked around and saw that Rachel was carrying Kimmy and I in our Pokeballs. She threw me into the air, "Come on out, Vincent!" She looked down at me, "Did you sleep well?"

I yawned, then said, "Yes I did!"

"Good, because I submitted you and Kimmy to participate in multiple battles right here on the S.S Anne!"

Kimmy came out of her Pokeball, "Did you say MULTIPLE battles?"

I yawned again, "I'm pretty sure she did."

Rachel chuckled, "Yes, I did say multiple battles, Kimmy."

"What time do we start then?" Kimmy responded.

"Good question. You two start in-" Rachel looked at her watch, "Oh no! We're late already!" She picked the two of us up and ran as fast as lightning to the room at the end of the hall, where the battles were taking place.

Rachel burst right into the room, tripped, and we all fell onto the ground. I gazed upon the tallness of the people that were present. The room grew very silent. From a corner of the room, a girl stood up from her seat. When the three of us got back on our feet, she gracefully walked over to Rachel. As she did, every person in the room stared in awe at her beauty, excluding Kimmy and I.

She looked straight into Rachel's eyes, and whispered, "Who are you?"

Rachel struggled to get the words out of her mouth,"R-Rachel. My name is Rachel. I'm here for the Multi-Battles."

The girl started laughing hysterically, and everybody else did the same.

"Look, these multi-battles are only for trainers who actually have good Pokémon. Take a look at my boyfriend's Krookodile over there." She pointed to a tall Krookodile who was standing next to a biker. Both of them grinned, delighted to be acknowledged.

"This competition wants Pokémon like that to compete." she continued, "Not puny, weak, good for nothing Pokémon like this Pikachu and Pidgey you've got here."

I saw a single tear come down from Rachel's eye, but it was wiped away before anyone else can see it. She gritted under her teeth, "These two are a lot stronger than the appear."

"Oh, I'm SURE they are!" she snickered, "That's exactly what the last kid with a weak Pokémon said, and the kid before him!"

Rachel had enough of this lady, exclaiming, "That's it! I challenge you to a battle!"

"Ooh, is somebody feeling brave today? Go, Electrike!"

A Electrike around my size landed a couple of feet ahead of me, and growled.

Rachel cheered, "Alright, Vincent, you got this!"

The menacing Electrike immediately slammed into me with so much force, I flew back at least ten feet.

"I will not lose to a Pikachu! I would bring shame to my trainer if that would happen!"

I jumped back up, ready to fight back, "Well then, your trainer will be very ashamed today!"

I flipped over him, quickly turned around, and Sucker Punched him. He attempted to slam into me again, but I dodged it, Head Butted him, and that was the last of him.

The fainted Electrike was returned to his Pokeball, and Kimmy patted me on the back, "Fantastic job, Vince!"

The girl frowned, "You may have beat my Electrike, but he wasn't properly trained anyways. I have much stronger Pokémon that would absolutely crush your Pikachu."

Her boyfriend piped in from his seat, "Yeah, like her Diglett! That thing is unstoppable!"

"Will you be quiet?!" She sighed, "The name's Alice. Never come back onto this ship, or I'll make sure you'll leave with your dreams crushed. Got it?"

I jumped onto one of the tables, "Hey! Where'd you get your manners, the, uh, rude store? Don't ever talk to my trainer like that! Rachel will always be a better trainer than you, no matter what Pokemon she has!"

Alice calmly said, "A Pokemon standing up for their trainer? I've never seen that before. New, and I like it! Just not when it's coming from you. Next time you see my Electrike, he will make you wish you'd never met him. Away with these three!"

A couple of bikers got up from their seats, and took us out of the room. The S.S Anne was going to leave soon, so we decided  to leave. 

Rachel, Kimmy, and I walked in silence back to the Pokemon Center.

Before we went to bed, I asked out loud, "People make enemies every day, right?"