Chapter 1

"I hope you realise if they catch us following them I'm just gonna blame you and run." I whispered to Phoebe as we crouched behind a dumpster.

"They won't notice us if you keep your mouth shut Floss brain." Phoebe retorted.

We fell silent again as we continued to watch our brothers and their friends from a fair distance. Phoebe's older brother Ashton, my older brother Michael and their friends Calum and Luke were always sneaking off and lying about where they were. The both of us, mainly Phoebe, have always been curious about what the boys got up to but tonight the curiosity got the better of us and we decided to follow.

The boys had leaded us down a dark and dingy alleyway that reeked of all kinds of bodily waste and into an equally disgusting loft. Phoebe was focusing on every word each man in the room was saying when a sudden ear piercing screech accidentally left my mouth and filled the loft. The men shot up and pulled out their Glock's, ready to fight whoever the intruder may be as I hopped around before falling flat on my butt.

"Guns down lads, they're just friendlies!" Ashton hollered with a look of fury consuming his face.

The area full of tension and confusion became so silent that you could clearly hear Luke mumble "They'll be dead when I'm done with them".

"We'll be back in a few minutes. I can still hear you so don't say a word while I'm gone." Ashton warned the extremely intimidating men before he basically demanded that we follow him, Calum, Michael and Luke to another room.

He slammed the door shut before they began yelling at us.

"What the fuck do you two think you're doing?" Ashton's voice boomed.

"Well! Are you gonna answer?" Michael finally piped up.

"What on earth were you thinking?" Calum followed.

To which Luke answered "I can tell you what they were thinking! Clearly they weren't fucking thinking!" before we could even think of a reply.

Neither of us answered them though, we just stood there frozen to the spot. We had never seen any of them this furious in our lives and it was really quite terrifying to be honest.

"Well?" Luke asked expectantly.

Another moment of silence fell upon us before Phoebe asked "what was this meeting for?"

This time it was the boys who didn't have an answer. The silence ended and Ashton left the room when we started to faintly hear chatter from the other side of the door. As soon as Ashton closed the door I finally spoke up which probably wasn't a good choice.

"Well?" I asked clearing imitating Luke, he didn't seem very impressed at all.

"Oh it's just a" is all Michael managed to get out before Calum cut him off and Luke made him double over by punching him in the stomach.

"Are you fucking crazy?" Calum yelled, looking at Michael as though he truly had lost his mind.

"Do you have a death wish or something you idiot?" Luke shouted, practically copying Calum's expression as he punched him in the stomach once again.

"Oh chill your dicks already. It's not like they're going to get out of this without knowing everything anyway." Michael replied with an eye roll, he suddenly seemed so calm.

"Well there is one other way." Calum suggested.

"Ok you're the crazy one if you think Ashton is actually gonna kill his sister just to keep this a secret from her." Michael added with a sarcastic laugh.