The Tides

Chapter One

       It had been a Friday which was the best day for Undine. School was over and she was able to go and hang out with her friends but there was one problem. She only had one and that friend wasn’t coming back from vacation until tomorrow. By the looks of her you would think she had more friends. She wasn’t a bad looking girl. She had shoulder length wavy dark hair and if you looked at it in the right light it would become a beautiful dark shaded blue. Her eyes were an ordinary shade of brown but she didn’t mind them she actually thought that her eyes were one of the best things about her. She walked through her high school and had witnessed a boy staring at her and he was not bad looking at all. He had brown hair but the most beautiful blue eyes. His cheekbones were incredible and she could tell that he was definitely in shape. Should I wave...no that would be stupid what if he’s not staring at you. God Undine you don’t even know him just go to the parking lot and wait for your brother to come out. She quickly walked towards the parking lot with her head down pretending to text someone.

Later on that same day Undine was up in her room writing in her diary.

Dear diary,

09/07/2012 today could have been better. I walked through the hallways without making eye contact with anyone. I at least could have tried to make friends with someone. Gahhh... maybe I could try talking to my neighbor. He’s nice and my age. I totally wish I hadn't told him how I felt. We used to be so close. It was me, Aden, and Mary against the world. She smiled at the thought. But wait hold on just one second who was that guy staring at me? One of the perks about being the girl who sits in back of the class and doesn’t talk to anyone is that you hear everything about everyone. But I have never seen or heard about this guy. And why was he staring at me? I mean for god’s sake I was wearing my glasses, a hoodie and sweats. Why would anyone look at me especially today? Eh he probably wasn’t looking at me he was probably looking at Sage. She was breathtaking to all the guys at Undine’s school and she looked amazing. Her name was Sage Gomez she looked just like Undine but prettier. Sage was like Undine if Undine was perfect in every way. Sage could make anyone like her if she wanted them to. She had the jocks, the cheerleaders, the hipsters, the comic nerds, the tech geeks, the teachers, and just about everyone, but she never got Undine. It is a nice thought though. She smiled at herself. I have a hot stalker.

        It was Saturday and all Undine wanted to do was to stay in bed that day but something was calling her. She looked out her window and saw the ocean. She lived on an island off the coast of Alaska. She lived with her younger brother Daniel, who was 5’11 and had black hair with blue eyes, her mother Joyce who she got her thick brown hair from and who had striking dark hazel eyes, her father Scott who was a fisherman and had jet black hair. Her father’s eyes were a striking dark blue, and last but not least her little brother Logan who was an even mix between her mother and her father. He had Dark brown hair but his eyes were a very light hazel mixed with blue and green. She heard her mother calling her and went downstairs. “Yes mom.” Undine said.

“Can you go with your brother to the mall?” Joyce said while chopping celery.

“Why do you want me to go?” Undine said with a whiny voice

“Because I don’t want him going by himself.” Joyce said still looking down at the celery

“Mom she doesn’t want to go and I’m fifteen now.” Daniel protested. Joyce had stopped cutting her celery and looked directly at Undine. “You’re going and that’s that.” She said putting her foot down on the subject. Undine walked upstairs and put on a beanie while letting her long hair come out on each side, a white tank top, a blue green long sleeve shirt to go over her tank top, some faded jeans, and black boots. When she went downstairs she saw her brother was already in her car. “See you later mom.” Undine said gloomily as she walked out the door.