chapter 2

Have fun reading, and please vote and comment. No dumb messages please. Just constructiveness(if that's a word) in my comments. Thanks!

"Hello ladies." I sat next to Hailey, who was picking at her bread. When I say bread I don't mean she had a sandwich and now she's picking at the leftover crust, I mean she went to the canteen and asked for a single slice of bread. And she's picking it into tiny crumbs. Not even eating. Like all of the rest of the girls at my normal lunch table. Instead I dug into the multiple pieces of pizza that I had on my tray, I made sure I was chewing like a horse, just to annoy people. Hailey and the other girls at the table looked at me, jaws down to their chest's and eyes wide. "Jesus, Anna. Why are you acting so weird?" Hailey asked me, "Because I'm eating, I'm weird?" I gave her an accusing look and she pouted, "Maybe if you still want to be head of the cheer-team then you'll have to stop eating like a little Piggy..." she muttered, "I might go." I said, picking up my tray. I saw Brian coming our way and I raised my voice so that I knew he could hear me. "Oh, and did I forget to tell you that I hate you all? I'm going back to being emo, bitches!" I pushed past Brian, and I heard the girls whispering. Probably about me. Nothing good, either. I looked over at the emo table and saw Kyle smirking at me, I winked at him and noticed that Lilli was on the floor, laughing her ass off like a maniac, Clutching her stomach. I sat down at their table and Lilli stood up, still chucking a little. "Hey, can we go shopping tomorrow?" I asked her, "How about this afternoon?" she winked at me and I grinned. In front of me, Kyle was staring at me, smiling. Smiling. Kyle was staring at me. I almost fell off my chair, well, mentally of course. I noticed that I was smiling right back...

Kyle--
She was smiling at me. At me. And she was sitting across from me. I felt the butterflys crashing into the walls of my stomach. Just so we're clear, I'm never like this. I'm never nervous around chicks. I actually had myself believing I was gay... that was before I saw Anna in primary school that first day... that first day. She had her hair in a tight brown ponytail at first, then when she caught sight of me she wipped it out. She looked so cool, like emo cool. I was pretty sure she liked me as much as I liked her. That was before all this cheerleader stuff. But now... Anna was back. Maybe I'd have a chance to tell her how I feel. Then... she started blushing. She blinked several times and looked away from me, like she'd only just realised that she was staring at me. "I think we should put purple and pink ok your hair, but leave the blonde, that'll look great! We'll have to get you a whole new outfit... and combat boots... those heels give me nightmares." Lilli chattered in the background, now she was starting to sound a little posh. I guess it's true that all chicks like to shop. I felt something brush against my leg under the table, I looked up and saw Anna smiling alluringly at me. She really had it all going for her. The same old flirty Anna I remembered. And she's beautiful. And I'm going to tell her how I feel.