chapter 1

Evelyn's POV

I swear I will never go on a blind date ever again. And if you knew what had happened to me, you would agree with me too.

My best friend, Chloe coaxed me into going on a blind date with her boyfriend's colleague's cousin. They thought it would be a good idea because apparently, I was turning into an ice queen and he was looking for a date.

I had recently moved to the states and joined a company there as an executive secretary. And since I had nothing much to do on weekends, I agreed to go if only to get my friends off my back for sometime.

We agreed to meet at a café called the ozone café at noon. It was a blazingly hot day and I was already regretting my decision. However, all my regrets flew out of the window when I saw a gorgeous guy reading a newspaper in the café. He was smartly dressed in a dark suit. His hair was cut short in the side, leaving the middle part a bit longer. I couldn't believe my eyes. For once, luck was on my side because I always had the shittiest of luck.(if that's even a word).

It was fifteen minutes past eleven and he was the only customer there so I concluded that he was my date. As if sensing my presence, he looked up and when he saw me looking at him, he smiled. And my world stopped.