One

• Dedicated to Jazzi Fuller

She apparently ate too much last night. He ended up biting his pen at the end of the day. And I continued to buy weed off that homeless guy on the curb of Wintering Road, south of Manchester. 

Death may've been around the corner for any of us, and once you're dead...you're dead. No turning back. That's what I and my friends discovered when Penny Jones jumped off a bridge late last month. She was a depressed psychopath you wouldn't want to be enemies with. And to be honest, I was quite happy she died. Especially like that.

As for me, I'm surprised I haven't been placed in an asylum yet. The things I have done in the past have shocked not only my family, but myself too. But you'll find that out. 

Joe lit up a bong as Faith laughed through breaths of smoke. Joe Peterson - the man who insisted on all of us hanging out. He was gay and very, very bipolar. As for Faith Watts, she was my best friend. Despite her being a compulsive liar (and bipolar), she was actually the loveliest girl you could ever come across. She was good at hiding things, especially her bad ass behaviour from her parents. But there was nothing to stop Faith. Whatsoever. 

"So, Ray, it's your turn to tell us what happened with you on your summer break," Seth said to me, sculling a bottle of tequila down his throat. Seth Junior, the most insane person you might ever meet. And I mean literally insane. 

"Nothing much happened, really," I replied as I played around with a lighter. 

"So you still a virgin?" Joe said as he cuddled with Faith on the love seat inside Seth's shed. 

"Yes, I am. But I know someone who isn't!" I smirked as I eyed Faith, who was laughing her ass off. Must be the drugs kicking in. 

'Oh my god, Faith! Who?" asked Cecilia who took a turn at using the bong. Cecilia Tomkins was the mum of the pack. She was also a drug addict. 

"Shut up, it's no big deal. I may've fucked more than one guy, you know," Faith giggled as she kicked her feet up in the air. I stared blankly at the lighter that was in my hands and realized how unhappy I was at that moment. 

"I think I'm gonna go," I said, getting up and dropping the lighter behind me. Moans filled the room, following on with laughter. 

"Aw, Ray! Party's just begun, and I haven't seen you whiff up a bit of the bong I lit!" Joe shouted enthusiastically. I picked up my ruffled bag and zipped up my coat. "It is your party."

 "I'm just not really in the party mode. I have some stuff I need to do." And with that, I was out the door. The breeze hit me like a wave on the shore and I pulled out my phone. I shook uncontrollably from the cold, and placed the phone to my ear. 

"Rayna?" I was baffled that Jace Kidd picked up so soon. He was a sexy, mysterious guy I had been seeing for a while. Nobody knows about him. 

"Jace, I..." the door behind me swung open and standing there was Faith; a bottle of whisky in one hand, a pile of acid in the other. I hung up the phone and leaned against the tree that was planted still in front of Seth's shed. 

"Who were you on the phone to?" Faith asked with a smirk on her pale face. I stared at her longingly. I'd known her for years, but she was hiding something. 

"Just my brother, letting him know I'm making a quick stop before I go home." I replied flatly. Faith half smiled and took a swig of the whisky, whilst swallowing a bit of acid. 

"So your brother's name is Jace? Last time I checked, it was Anthony." she replied, staring at the black Vans on her feet she'd had for over two years. I was caught out. I was started to feel anxious. Fighting with Faith on a night I was feeling suicidal was not a good thing. 

"I...I've been hanging with this guy for a while named Jace Kidd. He is three years older than us and he really understands me. I didn't want to tell you." I replied, hesitating. 

I could tell Faith was extremely pissed off. She smiled her usual smile and yelled, "Fuck you." She ran off into the darkness, I had no choice but to follow her.