Five

Sweat poured down my forehead as I opened my eyes, finding Kian sleeping beside me with his arm over my naked waist. Shit I said quietly to myself. I had just lost my virginity to my best friends brother - who was five years older then I was. 

I gently picked up Kian's hand and placed it on the bed. I grabbed the sheet  that had fallen on the floor and wrapped it around my body. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face, staring at my reflection in the dusty mirror. I shook my head in disappointment. 

"Idiot." I whispered as I slid on Faith's grey tracksuit pants and a white singlet. I walked out and found Kian had his back facing me; he was stretching his arms. 

I stared longingly at his fit bum and sexy back dimples, until the hotel phone started to ring. Kian turned around and our eyes locked. My face turned bright red and I walked over to the old phone hanging on the poorly painted wall. 

"Hello?" I said after I placed the phone to my ear. 

"Hello Ma'am, I am sorry to disturb you but I just got a phone call down here at the desk and I'm afraid I have some terrible news," said a man's voice. I looked over at Kian, who was looking at me. "Your friend is in hospital. She was found below a bridge earlier this morning." I felt my body turn weak, and my face turn hot. I dropped the phone and left it dangling on the cord. 

"Ray!" Kian shouted as he ran over to me. I felt myself fall into his strong, warm arms. "Ray! What happened?!" 

"Fay...hospital..." I mumbled as Kian kissed my cheek multiple times with his soft, pale pink lips. 

"Fuck, I should've known she would try to commit suicide," he said as he helped me up on my feet. 

"I...I'm so sorry," I cried. Kian took my arms and pulled me closer to him, his hands ran through my hair. 

"It's not your fault, love," he whispered. "Come on, we need to head down there." I picked up my leather jacket and boots and Kian put on clothes. As soon as we finished, Kian grabbed my hand and we ran out of the hotel room, not bothering to lock the door. 

~

"Let me see my fucking sister!" Kian shouted at the petrified, old woman behind the reception desk. 

"Sir, please calm down or I will have to get you to leave! Faith is not allowed visitors right now." the woman (who's name was Belinda, according to the name tag pinned on her blue and white checkered nurse shirt) said calmly. 

"I will not fu-," I grabbed Kian's arm and pressed tightly. He looked at me and scrunched his nose up. 

"Not now. Let's just ask a doctor for details. We can wait," I whispered, smiling at Belinda who was death glaring Kian. "Excuse me, could you be able to get a doctor to come out so we can see how she is doing?" 

Belinda nodded politely at me as she got up and walked down a corridor. Kian leaned against the reception desk and mumbled, "I need a smoke. I'll be back, love." and he walked out, leaving me a kiss. Minutes later, Belinda came out with a tall, young looking doctor who was carrying a clipboard. They both walked over to me. 

"Rayna, right?" the doctor asked, I nodded in return. "I'm Doctor Timothy, I've been keeping an eye out on your best friend." he grabbed my hand and shook it. 

"Is Fay gonna be alright?" I said, wrapping my arms around my stomach. 

"She is alright for now, but she's in a coma and could be in one for a couple weeks. Is Kian here?" Timothy said as he tapped his clipboard.

"Um, he is just outside having a cigarette. So, is she badly damaged anywhere?" 

"No, just bruises and cuts on her arms and legs. Have you got a reason as to why she would jump off a bridge?" 

I looked down at my boots as my fingernails dug into the sides of my stomach. "She's just going through a lot and I think it's best I don't go into detail." I said quietly.

Timothy looked at me with a worried look. "You seem anxious."

"Isn't that what anxiety does to you?" I said, looking up at him. He laughed and leaned back on the reception desk. 

"Well, she should be alright. We will tell you when you can visit her. Lovely to meet you, hopefully I can meet Kian sometime soon," Timothy smiled, and I waved him goodbye. 

I walked out the doors and found Kian putting out a cigarette. 

"You were out here for a while." I said, looking up at the grey clouds. 

"Eh, hospitals are full of shit." Kian laughed as he looked over at me. I laughed with him. We stood in silence. 

"Fay's gonna be alright. She's got cuts and bruises all over her and she's...she's in a coma." I muttered. 

"Surprised she isn't dead." 

I was a little hurt with Kian's words, but I walked over to him and looked him in his deep, brown eyes. 

"Kian?" I said as he brushed my hair out of my eyes. 

"Yes, love?" 

"Are you mine?" 

Kian stared at me and smiled. He leant in to kiss me, but I pulled back. 

"Just answer the question." 

Kian laughed and looked at me like I was crazy. I folded my arms impatiently. 

"I don't think Faith will be all too happy if we were to end up together." 

I looked at him with watery eyes. "So, last night meant nothing to you?" 

"Not really, " Kian replied, avoiding eye contact with me. I felt my heart sink as a tear rolled down my cheek. 

"I...I thought you liked me Kian," I said sadly, still looking at him. He turned his head towards me and blinked. 

Kian pulled me closer towards him and took hold of my hands. "I do, Ray. I truly do. I have since the first time I saw you. But Faith will fucking shoot us." 

I shook my head and tears kept falling down. "No, she won't. Who cares what she thinks?" 

Kian tutted. "She's your best friend and my sister." 

"So? If she really cared about us, she would be happy for us." 

"I dunno, Ray." 

I looked away and shook my head in anger. I bit my lip and turned away. My boots fell in small rain puddles. I felt a hand grab my wrist and Kian turned me around and pulled me onto his mouth. He grabbed hold of my head and kissed me fiercly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on his black Vans to reach his height. Our lips parted and he eyed my face sweetly. 

Kian put his face closer to mine so our noses were touching. "Yes." he whispered, "you're mine."