Three

The bus ride home was rocky and slow; also depressing since I hadn't have thought to bring my iPod with me. 

I jumped off the bus and walked around the corner to home. It was mid-afternoon, and I had forty minutes to gather as much as I could, from mine and Faith's house. 

I climbed up the pipe towards my window, and propped myself inside my room. It was the same as I had left it. Clean, with the bag of weed sitting still on the floor. Same position. 

I gathered clothes and shoved them in my a big bag and opened up my hole in the wall, pulling out cash I'd stolen, along with alcohol and spliff. I threw the bag out the window and made my way out, grabbing my duffel bag along the way. 

It took me ten minutes to walk to Faith's house, as I found Jace standing under her window. 

"Jace?" I said, walking over towards him in shock. He turned around and I felt like falling, he was so beautiful. "What are you doing here?" 

Jace looked at me in fear and dropped the pebbles he had in his hand. "Where is Faith?" 

"She's...out of town," I replied, pulling my bag strap on my shoulder. "You've caused enough shit with us, just leave." Jace looked at me, his eyes opened wide and I could tell he was afraid. 

"I know I have, and I'm sorry about that. But, I need to see Faith. Tell me where she is." 

"No, fuck off." I shouted as I climbed the ladder to Faith's bedroom. 

"Fine, it's not my fault if I die then." Jace called out as I reached the top. 

"Fucking drama queen." I said to him as I climbed into Faith's room. I rolled my eyes and found Fai's stash of acid and other types of drugs. 

I picked up a pile of clothes and put them in her bag. I heard footsteps coming towards her door. "Faith, your mother's out. You alone in there?" it was her father. 

I felt panic rise in my body, and I was short of breath. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I quickly grabbed the bag I packed for Faith and jumped out of the window, landing on my arm. Get up, Ray. Run. I got up and sprinted to the bus stop near my house. I had just made it. 

~

"You are so fucking lucky I am alive." I said as I walked in the hotel room. Faith was sitting up on the bed, lighting a bong and breathing out of it. "Where the hell did you get that?" 

"I had a word with one of the staff members." Faith replied and winking. "So, why am I lucky you're alive?" I dropped the bags and plopped myself next to Faith, take a drag of the bong. 

"Your dad almost came into the room. But, I don't know what he wanted. He said your mum was out and shit like that and I don't know. And I saw Jace, he's being a shit." I said quickly, kicking off my boots and letting them fall off the end of the bed. 

"Jace? When did you see him?" Fay asked with a bit of excitement in her voice. 

"He was at your house, throwing pebbles at your window but I told him to fuck off. He said something about dying, as well." 

Faith looked down at the bong that was sitting in her lap, she looked upset. I put my hand on her should and she shivered. 

"Fay, he isn't good for any of us. We should let him go before he causes us more arguments." I said, pulling her head on my shoulder.

"I guess you're right." I could tell Faith was hiding something, but now wasn't the time to figure that out. 

"Come on. While you were gone, I found out there's a party down at an alleyway," Faith said as she got up from the bed. 

"Cool! What are we gonna do?" I asked, following her. 

"We are gonna get high."