Letter to Dear Mr. Johnn

Reading the morning newspaper had turned into a bad habit for all the people of Vienna. Surely he was no exception to such reaction. Every morning would be the same and this was no different for any reason at all. Waking up at 7:00am with his untidy hair like lightning had struck him in his heavy sleep, then wearing a clean suit from his wardrobe as he was waiting for some guests that might or might not come. Just like that he would sit in his comfortable brown armchair and without a noise he would wait for the steps. Yes, he waited every day and when the clock struck 9:00 someone would come. His assistant would open the door with a copy of the key he had into possession, as the cracks of the old door would be heard, his right foot would step inside the living room in a hurry while his left hand was holding the highly awaited newspaper.

-"You finally showed up! You take too much time every morning. Breakfast is supposed to be eaten at 8:00am. My stomach is grumbling."-said Mr. Johnn with a grumpy face and a childish voice.

-"Mr. Johnn, you really should learn how to cook."-answered patiently Mr. Floyd. -"I passed by Ms. Alice before coming here. She was whining about your behavior."

-"She is such a stubborn women. Is she a mule?! Tell her that I won't go meet her any time around. I am far too busy. I can not afford any contact with anyone not concerning my job right now. By the way, did you get thrown out of her house again?"

-"How did you know?"-he said embarrased but at the same time surprised.

-"Your pants have dirt on them. Had you not noticed? Were you scared by the dog again?! You should get over your fear soon."

Mr. Floyd said nothing. He started to prepare some tea in the small kitchen of Mr. Johnns apartment, but he did not stay quiet for long.-"What are you going to do about it?"

-"What?"

-"The case you accepted two days ago. You said nothing after we left!"

-"I have been thinking about it and i have actually come to a conclusion."

-"What conclusion? Did you figure something out?"

-"Not really. Not yet . How can you serve a costumor without knowing anything about them? Can you do that Floyd?"

-"Certainly not, sir."

-"Yes, the answer is no, you can not. That is why I have decided to get closer to Madame Lieselotte. Something like a secret investigation, but before that I have something terribly important to attend to."

As Mr. Floyd served the tea to Mr. Johnn, he listened to his words very carefully and did not question nor correct any of his decisions, but set slowly on the chair in front of him.
                               ***
That afternoon Mr. Floyd decided to stay longer than usual, probably because no one would be inside that house an hour later.

Mr. Floyd thought that naturally people tend to stay at home at that time of the day differently called the afternoon. His thoughts were result of what everyone calls logic. Well it seemed that logic "swayed" from a person to another. Mr. Johnn seemed to think radically different from his friend. He did not seem to mind going out at 12:00 pm , even if the sun was burning hot enough to melt the streets. He was like the kind of people who go the opposite way of the natural flow. What mostly made Mr. Floyd wonder was the fact that no one really opposed his way of acting, no, on the contrary, when he went the other way from the mass it felt pretty normal, just like nothing had changed or should I put it just like it was supposed to happen. That made Mr. Floyd come to the conclusion that Mr. Johnn was already accepted by the society.

Mr. Johnn, except of possessing a rather unique way of thinking, was also a master of disguise. He had mastered this skill during his long- term career. He usually used this ability when he went out to meet someone during a case period, but unusually, today he went out with the same clothes he wore every day. As soon as he put his black hat on, along with his long elegant cane he opened the door and waved at his assistant signing his return would be delyed.