Chapter twenty two

Week 33-36

-Marley POV-

"Okay, hospital bag is packed" Niall says from the bathroom. I look out the window and rest my hands on my stomach. These past few weeks have been a roller coaster. My false contractions have been up and down, some nights were better than others. But that also means they've been worse than others. I'm starting to lose my damn mind, just wanting to get over these pains.

"Mar" I hear a voice behind me. I turn my head and see Niall looking at me with concern. "Everything alright?" He asks. "Yeah, all good" I smile. He sighs and walks over to where I'm sitting. He crouched down beside me and places his hand over mine. "I know you're tired and in pain" he says, looking up at me. "But hopefully it will all be over soon" he adds. "Hopefully" I repeat, running my hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry I can't make it to the family dinner with you babe" I say. "Don't worry about it. They all understand. I'll be home soon though" he says.

"No don't leave early on my account. Enjoy a night with your family, they miss you" I urge. "Mar, they know that you're ready to pop. They won't mind if I leave a few minutes early" he responds. "Ni" I start, but feeling a finger pressed to my lips. "It's okay" he says, raising an eyebrow at me. "Goddammit" I sigh. "You make this so difficult" I chuckle. "Oh you have never been so wrong honey" he smiles. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "Leaving you alone makes it difficult for me" he says truthfully. "I mean, you've been having all these scares lately and I just, I just want to be with you at all times to make sure you and Baylor are okay" he explains.

"We'll be okay for a little while Ni. Now go, enjoy time with your parents and brother. I'll call if anything happens" I say, pushing him away slightly. He finally gives up and plants a kiss on the top of my head, then my belly, and finally leaves. I rest on the cushion in the windowsill and close my eyes, breathing in the serenity. I get bored after a while and decide to take a bath. I'm still able to do that task, right?

I start the water and wait until it's warm enough for my satisfaction, then strip my clothes off and slowly climb into the tub. Okay, maybe I can't do this simple task.

After a while I felt at peace; no cramps or aches, just relaxed muscles and soft music from my iPod playing. But when you're this pregnant, you can't stay relaxed and at ease for long. I climbed (more like crawled) out of the tub and dried myself off, then got dressed (again, I can't do this as easily anymore) in my maternity pants and one of Niall's t-shirts.

I then felt a strong urge to go to the bathroom so I went back in and sat down on the toilet. Minutes after minutes rolled by and I was suddenly brought back to reality that I was still going. Like I haven't stopped for what seemed like ages now. I never pee this long. I never sit for this long. What the hell? I looked down to make sure I wasn't going insane and that I'm just really tired (because who pees this long?!).

That's when it hit me. My water just broke.

Oh shit.

I scramble to clean up what I could and find my phone, dialing Niall's number with shaky fingers. It rang a few times before I heard his voice come on. "Marley? Are you alright?" He asks. "Niall" I say, panting from the running around (okay not actually running but still). "Mar" he says in a concerned tone. "Niall, she's coming" I say, scanning the room for the hospital bag. "W-what" he stutters. "Niall, Baylor is coming" I say. The line goes silent for a while until I hear him panting this time.

"I'm on my way, just-just stay still" he says. "That's a really stupid thing to say to a woman in labor" I say, grabbing the bag after searching for it. "Stay on the phone with me" I plea before he had the chance to hang up. "I'm not gonna leave you, not ever" he says. Then, that's when I started feeling the contractions. Not the false ones but real, pain in the ass ones.