Chapter eighteen

Week 25/26

-Niall POV-

"I think this color with a white crib looks good" Marley says ash she points to one of the paint color samples. We pick a very light blue for the base, along with dark brown and dark and light pink for the design. "Did you ask Zayn if he could help painting her room when they get here?" She asks, pushing the cart. "Yeah and he said he'd help" I say.

"That's good. I'm glad he can help when I'm getting to the point where I can't anymore" she laughs nervously. "As long as you're there with me then it's okay" I smile, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Aww look at you being a big sap" she coos, leaning into my side. I feel a small smile creep onto my face. "Was there anything else we needed to get from here?" I ask, changing the subject.

"No I think that's it actually it, baby store next to pick up everything else?" She asks. I nod and we go to the checkout line.

"Look at this one!" She says, pointing to a crib set. It was dark brown and the crib itself was too extravagant. "How would this look?" She asks. "Darling I think it's a little too, uh, high-priced" I say. "Yeah you're right, it looks a little too big for her room anyway" she shrugs, moving on to the next set.

"What about this one?" She asks, looking into the small white crib. In the set was also an armless chair, a couple of white dressers, and a changing table. "Do you think this will look good with the colors we picked?" She asks. "I think it would actually" I say, standing next to her. "Plus with the room being as big as it is, we'll have enough room for some extra things to add" she shrugs, running her hand along the ledge.

"So this is the one" I say, looking inside it. "Here I'll help you out it in the cart" she says, bending down awkwardly to grab the box next to it. "Here I'll pick it up so you don't hurt yourself and you can help lift" I say, adding a playful chuckle. She pushes me lightly and tries her best to get the crib set into the cart. "Okay, nevermind about the whole picking up thing" she says, breathing heavily.

I laugh and grab the rest of the set before we walk off to the bedding section. We pick out the matching bedding for the crib set and look at clothes for Baylor.

"Oh my gosh, look at this one!" Marley coos, picking a pink and white onesie set off the rack. "She would look so cute in this!" She swoons. "Marley honey, we already have over 20 outfits at the least. Can we save some for when she gets bigger?" I ask. "Two more?" She says, giving me her puppy dog eyes. "Two more" I chuckle. She squeals and runs around the many racks of baby clothing, giving each and every outfit a thorough check before finding the two she likes the best. She finds a little onesie with a hoodie attached that was decorated to be a hippo, and a little dress with sunflowers on it.

"All done?" I ask, looking down at her. "For now, yes" she smiles. She leans into me and I cup her face in my hands. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are" I say, squishing her face playfully. "Yes, you did and you still do" she giggles. "I hope our baby is just like you. Free spirited and just down right adorable" I smile, kissing her gently on her nose. "And as long as she has your laugh" she adds. I kiss her on the lips quickly and we check out items out at the register.

"Alright, what else should we do today?" I ask, grabbing her hand and swinging it. "I'm craving some burritos, wanna go eat?" She asks, rubbing her stomach. I nod and take her to the car and we go pick what to we for lunch.

-------------------------------------

"Shit" she mumbles under her breath, doubling over the sofa. I lean forward and rub her lower back. "Another one?"  I ask, making sure she's okay. "Yeah, a big one too" she says, breathing heavily. The pain subsides after a few minutes and she slowly leans back with a sigh.

"Man, she really can kick up a hell of a storm" she breathes, looking down at her belly. "Good, she's got strong legs" I chuckle, placing my hand over Marley's. She rolls her eyes at me and rests her head on my shoulder. "Can I just say something" she says. "Uh, sure?" I ask, confused at how she asked that question. I mean, she can just say it without my permission..

"I love you Ni but I'm quite bored being pregnant" she says with a laugh. "You're bored?" I ask, looking down at her. "Yeah, er, I mean we do a lot together but there's nothing to do out here. I'm used to Baylor being in me but I want her out so I won't be like this anymore" she adds, waving her hands over her bump. I laugh and bring her close to my side. "You poor thing" I chuckle.

"Being pregnant can be boring at times Niall" she sighs. "All in due time my love, our beautiful little girl will be with us soon" I say, kissing the top of her head. "Can I just, squeeze her out now? I'll have company while you're at work" she says. "Honey, you can't just, squeeze Baylor out like that" I laugh. "I just wanna see our baby" she whines. I hug her tight and rub her arms soothingly.

"Is this actually about being bored or are you really saying that you miss everyone back in London?" I ask. "Kind of both" She says, looking up at me. "Do you want to move back out there?" I ask. She raises her eyebrows and her jaw drops. "What?" She asks. "Do you want to go back there permanently?" I ask again. "Wait, you're serious?" She asks. "Yeah, if it makes you happy" I shrug.

"Ni, I was just saying that because I'm bored. You're not actually thinking of moving back are you?" She asks, sitting up. "I am. I love it here yes but I see how unhappy you are here without your family and friends" I say. "But Niall your family's here" she adds. "True, but that's not fair to you. I know how much you miss everyone back in London. The boys, the girls, your brother" I say.

She looks down at her hands and fiddles with her fingers. "This is just so sudden, have you thought about this?" She asks. "I have, for a little bit now. I do miss the boys as well. And I'll admit, coming back here has been a bit boring. Plus, we can't keep going back and forth with our families like this. We need to be closer to them, especially now that Baylor's coming" I explain. "What would we do about your parents? They're gonna want to be a big part of Baylor's life" she says.

"We'll get to that when the time comes, but let's concentrate on this" I say, taking her hands in mine. "Are we serious about this? One hundred percent?" She asks. "I am of you are" I smile. "You're not upset that I don't want to live here anymore?" She asks. "No, I'm in the same boat as you" I say. "Niall, you know how much I love it here" she says. "I know, but you're happier in London and so am I" I say.

"What about our jobs?" She asks. "I'm sure we can talk about transferring departments" I shrug. She breathes out and lays her head down on my chest. "I love you" I whisper in her ear after a few minutes of silence. "I love you too" she says quietly. She ended up falling asleep on my chest and I carried upstairs to our bed for her rest comfortably on.

(Hello! So it's been a LONG time since I updated but that's because I'm super busy! I just got back from seeing the boys in concert yesterday and I've been trying to catch up on things I missed! Anyway, here's an update! I'm gonna write tomorrow so keep a look out! Thank you!)