Chapter Three

...........................................................................

Chapter Three

945 a.d

Ares looked at himself making sure everything was perfect. It had to be. his robes were aligned and his hair was braided in the back. he was ready, Dyinisis enter the room with a glass of ale one for him and one for himself.

"Are you ready don't want to keep them waiting.?" he says dressed in all black as usual.

"Can't be late on my wedding day," He says smiling. He was sure if his heart could beat it would be pounding.

...........................................................................

She woke up in a cold sweat, this was the same dream for the fourth night for the second week since she found the book. Everything was moving in slow motion there were bodies everywhere, but for some odd reason, it all felt nostalgic. Like she was there before. Slowly she pulled the book from her nightstand and opened the book to His picture scanning over it. He was standing there in front of her just watching her the black figure. She grabbed her laptop searching everything she could think of.

...........................................................................

"Mr. Williams, I need to ask you something." She said almost in a panic. He nodded looking into her eyes, into her soul.

"I keep having these dreams. No there more like nightmares." she takes the book out and turns to the picture. "About him." she says.

"Did you do anything?" he asked she shook her head vigorously.

"All I did is read it." she says wrapping her arms around herself.

"Why didn't you tell me this yesterday Gissella?!" He says nervously his voice is laced with fear.

"I didn't think it was important, why?." He grabbed her by her shoulders.

"He's going to KILL you," He says in dismay.

"What!? WHO!?" she says backing up into a table.

"Me!" a tall lanky boy says in the doorway of Mr. Williams classroom. He slammed the door with so much force it made her bones shake. He ran so fast she didn't even see him move knocking down old Mr. Williams in the process. He grabbed her by the throat closing off the access to her lungs. She clawed at his hands but she felt herself losing will.

"STOP!" Her sister Kali was wielding a bow in her hand. "Put my loser Little sister down. NOW!" she fired the arrow at lightning speed.

He grunted in pain and clutched his arm ripping out the arrow dropping Gissella to the ground. She finally caught her breath looking up weakly at her sister. He went into assault mode now turning on Kali. His razor-sharp claws slashed at her tan flesh with ease. Before he could do any more damage Zane grabbed his arm pulling it back the sound of breaking a bone in its wake.

"What do you think you're doing Dyinisis?" He says calmly letting go of his arm. He stumbles into a kneeling position.

"I was summoned to kill her." His hair was short when Zane's fist connected with his face. Pointing to the old book that laid on the floor.

" You were told to get rid of that damn book over a thousand years ago when that filthy gypsy created it," He says his voice was filled with irritation. His green eyes were set with rage and his lips were set in a thin line.

"I did..." He says madden.

"Obviously, you didn't and to bring a human and a hunter no doubt into this....You know this goes against the Five Council." He says pulling Dyinisis up off the floor.

"So now BECAUSE of you! we have to hunt down an evil witch gypsy and haze two human girls." He shot over to Kali looking into her eyes.

"Look at me, you won't remember any of this." He says tentatively hypnotizing her with his eyes. She took a long breath before fainting. He slowly walked over to Gissella her eyes widened in fear. She backed up scrambling on the ground helplessly. She let out a loud scream, as loud as she could muster.

"Noone can hear you, it's pointless." He says looking in her eyes but his face fell. His eyes swirled with uncertainty she was so scared and he could smell it.

"You won't remember any of this," he says the words slowly fading away as she fell into a sleep-like state.

...........................................................................

Gissella and Kali shot up from the hard tile floor of Mr. Williams classroom. He wasn't there, Kali looked at her little sister with confusion. Gissella looked at her with mortified fear did she not remember?

"What are we doing here?" she asked rubbing her face wincing in pain. "Damn, it feels like I got hit by a ton of bricks."

"Kali!" Gissella grabbed her sister by the wrist. "Do you not remember what happen? Kali, you got punched by a Shadow!" She says looking crazy eyed at her sister. Kali snatched her hands from Gissella grip and looked her up and down.

"What are you talking about? You know you sound really crazy now." her sister laughs pulling her up to her feet. she looked around the classroom everything was in order like nothing ever happen. Ever.

"No-No-no Kali I'm not making this up!" she says looking desperate. " I swear just like how I know you're a hunter." Kali froze in her place and looked at Gissella. "Now you really sound crazy, A Hunter Loser.?. How could I be a hunter?" She says Gissella picked up her bow and arrow taunting her. Kali's eyes went wide. She quickly snatched it out of her sister's hands. "So you were saying?" Gissella says. "Look don't tell mom or dad." she says.

"I won't if you tell me what the flip flop is going on." She says with a serious face.

"Alright fine," she exhales. "Grandma and Grandpa where vamp hunters. Vamp as in Vampires. They called me and told me about some new Vampers trying to track down a gypsy named Ursha. I started hunting them too with grandma a few years back and I've been doing it ever since." She says holding her head down.

"So you've been doing this the time? So the student council thing?" she says completely amazed.

"It's a front. We're really a Vampire Hunting Team, but I am running for president, though." Kali says. Gissella grabbed her sister's hands and looks into her eyes.

"That's so crazy, SO what's this do?!" she plays around with the bow and arrow. Kali snatched it out of her hands.

"Stop playing with it," she hit a button and it turned into a small box, placing it in her pocket. Reality set in for Gissella.

"They were here...The Vampers I mean," she says to her sister. "I think they hazed you, Kali."

"Quick what's the last thing you remember?" Gissella says fast.

"Um. I was on my way to a lunch." She says pondering over her words.

"No, you came here with your bow and arrow and you got attacked by a shadow," Gissella says matter of factly. "And Mr. Williams was here too, but now he's gone," She says grabbing the book from under the desk. "I think I know what they were looking for..." Gissella says

"An old ratty book...." Kali says mockingly. "What could they want with that old book?"

"I think this might be a key to finding Ursha... It was in the library and I've had it for about two weeks." They looked at each other for a split second before the classroom doors busted open.

"HEY! What are you two still doing here it's after 6 the school was closed.?" Mrs. Garrison Kali's Math teacher says to them.

"Oh I just need to pick up this book I left here, we're leaving now," She says pulling her sister along with her out of the classroom to the empty halls.