Chapter 1: The new begining

''Piper slow down!!" Phoebe yelled after me.

I was rushing home because my dad was coming home from a station in Germany. He is a marine and has been away for two years. Nothing was going to stop me from seeing my dad, not even my best friend Phoebe. I burst through the door to see him, just standing there. Waiting for me. I run straight into his big long arms covered by his uniform. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Tears rolling down my eyes I say, "I missed you daddy."

"I missed you to dove", he said hugging me so tightly

Unfortunately he could only stay for the weekend, then he would be transported back to Germany. Thankfully he would not be put into war or battle for the time being. I will be dreaming about the next time I see him.

Before I knew it the weekend was over, my dad had to leave. I would miss him but I had to go on with my life and school year. Monday morning I was at my locker when Phoebe came up to me

"Hey girly, how was the visit from your dad?

"Good, it was awesome to see him but sad when he left", I responded

"Great! Well I've got to go to class, talk to you later."

My first period class went by quickly. As I walked into my second period class Phoebe and Seth are sitting next to each other, like always. They have been a "thing" for a while now, and we are all great friends.

"Hey guys", I said as I sat down next to them.

"Hey! Sit down, class is about to start", Phoebe said.

During class my teacher asked who had siblings and who didn't? As she talked more about it I wondered what it would be like to have a brother or sister. If I did have a brother or sister it would be like a whole new begining for me. That's what I ended up thinking about...all day.

School was finally over for the day. I couldn't help but still think about what my teacher was talking about in second period. I was paying so much attention to my thoughts I ran straight into my mom! I was home already!

"Whoa! Watch where your going Piper."

"Sorry mom.", I said back to her.

A/N: Hey y'all I hope your enjoying it so far. We love our readers and votes! Off to you kate... :)