When You Can't Sleep At Night

Chapter One.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one is even going to read this, but I'd like to put a disclaimer out there. I created this whole thing out of my own braincells, k? So if it resembles any other story, don't get mad. I'm actually basing this off of a dream I had (cliche? Maybe. Swiggityswareidontcare). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Oh. My. God. I literally just sat down, and now you decide to call, babe?" I jokingly say when I pick up the phone. 

    It's my boyfriend of ten months in the little phone box. I'm sure to most people 10 months isn't that long, but to Greg and I are different together.. Anyway, what is he doing calling me for!? He doesn't get off work until seven.

    "What're you calling for, dear? Did something happen at work?" 

   "Not exactly, my boss' daughter has a pre-wedding thing this afternoon, so he's giving us all the afternoon off."

   "Oh, that's sure nice of him! So are you on your way home then?"

   "Yeah, I was thinking I could pick you up and head out for some pizza!?"

   "You know I could never turn pizza down, baby. I'll see you in a little while then."

  "Mhm. See you then! I love you."

  "I love you, babe."

I'm waliking to my room to put on a little mascara and I notice the clouds start to darken. 

"I hope he doesn't get caught in the bad weather, I know it's hard for him to see in the dark," I think to myself. 

Just as i'm finishing up my makeup, I see my phone light up on the bed. 

It's Greg again! I hope nothing's wrong.

"You again?" I say into the phone with a sarcastic voice. 

He laughs and says, "sorry love, I just wanted to let you know I'm gonna stop and pick up some friends then come get you."

"Okay babe, that sounds good.." I trail off. I know he can hear the wary tone in my voice. He knows I'm not good with people. 

"Don't worry babe, you'll be fine. I gotta go!"

"Alright, I love you,"

"I love you too babe, more than anything,"

The line goes dead. I'm starting to feel a little anxious. I know his friends don't like me. They say I'm too quiet and boring, and that I hold Greg back, I don't know if I want to go anymore..

I go and sit on the couch to watch some tv and try not to let my thoughts eat me alive. Meanwhile, the sky is getting darker and it starts to thunder and lightning...