Chapter Four : Shades Of Red I

Wolfram's PoV

I've been avoiding Yuuri for a few days. He doesn't even seen to notice my absence.

The flowers still keep on coming but now it's more frequent and it's a different kind.

Red Carnations

It means 'My heart aches for you'

Avoiding him doesn't really solve anything since the flowers never stopped it just turned bright red.

"Wolf?" Someone called out to me. I turned to see who it was.

It was Yuuri, Greta and some human lady that I don't know. I glared at the lady and she just smiled at me in return. Yuuri then looked at me as if warning me.

"Yuuri who is she?" I asked.

"She is lady Claire from the small Shimaron. She went to visit the castle and we decided to tour her around." Yuuri said.

I tried to keep myself calm. Any anger might only result to coughing and puking.

Breathe in....breathe out.

"So you finally became so shameless as to cheat on me openly, in the castle where anyone could see." I said as I glared at both of them.

"Wolf don't make a scene." He reprimanded.

"Make a scene? You're making a scene Yuuri. You are with some woman when the whole kingdom knows that you are already engaged. You even brought Greta. How shameless of you, wimp." I said as calm as I can be at a situation like this.

"The whole kingdom knows that our engagement was an accident. I didn't mean to propose. It was a mistake."

'A mistake? I gave you all I have to give. I risked my life for you. I stayed by your side. I did everything. I guess it wasn't enough.'

"Is that so? Alright then I'll leave you three be. I have some more important business to attend to anyway." I said to them before I started coughing.

'I need to get away. I can feel the flowers blooming. I've held it in long enough.'

'I wish I didn't have this stupid disease, so that I could argue more and burn more stupid wimps.'

"Papa are you ok?" Greta ran to me in worry.

"'Cough cough' Yes I'm fine Princess. Don't worry." I smiled lightly as I tried to reassure her.

"Are you sure Wolf? Maybe you should visit Gisela."

'Now you're worried? After you said that our engagement was a mistake!? Cheating, ungrateful , stupid wimp!'

"I'm sure and I was already planning to visit Gisela later on." I said as my coughing stopped for a while. The flowers are coming, I can feel it.

'If I open my mouth once more, I'd probably start puking.'

I didn't know what to do so I just kissed Greta's forehead and nodded at Yuuri and his woman.

After that I quickly ran to my chambers. It's really a good thing that I was near my chambers.

Something feels odd. It's not like the usual feeling.

'It hurts.'

When I arrived my chambers, I went directly to the bathroom and went to do my business.

'It really hurts.'

'What is this taste? It doesn't usually have any taste.'

'It tastes like...blood'

I thought as I stared wide eyed at the sink.

Crimson Red Roses soaked in blood.

I started feeling nauseous and dizzy. I was sweating a lot. I was breathing heavily and my sight started to blur.

I fell down with a loud thud.

I hear someone approaching. They must have heard the loud noise.

"Wolfram?" Someone called out from outside my room. It was Gisela. If I called her I don't think she'll hear me.

"Wolfram? I'm coming in." Gisela said as she went in and started walking to the direction of my bathroom.

"Wolfram?" She called out.

She then entered my bathroom. Gasping at the sight that was before her eyes.

"Oh my goodness! Wolfram! Are you alright? " she said as she went near me and check any injuries. She also check my vitals and everything.

She used majutsu to see what's happening inside me. What she saw must have shocked her because her eyes widened for a second.

"Wolfram I need you to stay calm for me. We need to get you to my clinic as soon as possible. We need to remove the flowers. Roses are blooming inside you and the thorns are cutting you from the inside." She explained. I simply nodded my head.

'What's the use of these feelings of mine if he doesn't feel the same. I'm just wasting my time and effort.'

'I suppose it's time to unlove Yuuri.'

~~°°••°°••°°~~

Flower Meanings

Crimson Red Rose : mourning and death; rebirth and life