Chapter Eight : Pretense

Wolfram's PoV

'I hear murmurs around me, where am I?' I thought to myself as I slowly open my eyes.

Everything was blurry and bright. As I was trying to adjust to my surroundings, I try to remember where I was.

'Last thing I remember was red staining the floor and then everything went black, I must have passed out.' I concluded.

My vision is still a bit fuzzy but I see silhouettes of other people surrounding me.

Finally paying attention to my surroundings, I notice that they are murmuring to each other.

"-ow could this be?"

"The seeds have disappeared."

'Seeds? What seeds?'

"Could it be? Heika finally loves him back?"

My eyes widened at that statement.

I was shocked to say the least but I was also afraid. I don't want to love him anymore.

'I don't want to be hurt anymore.'

"G-gisela," I call out, trying to speak louder but can't," p-please keep it a secret." I pleaded, still light headed.

"But Wolfram-" She tries to argue but I insisted.

"Please Gisela." I said as I noticed her conflicted expression.

Gisela sighed and nodded albeit reluctant.

//End of Flashback//

I sigh to myself.

There is no other way, in order to save myself from pain I have to do this.

Everyone leaves in the end. His love is only pity, its not real.

Everyone leaves me in the end. My family, my friends, my love, they will all leave me. That is why I try to be strong, strong enough to hold unto them so that I wouldn't get left behind.

Ever since I was a child I've always been ignored. I'm never as good as my brothers. I was too pretty, too weak to become a soldier. I was too stubborn to learn new things. I was too fierce to heal.

They don't understand.

This is how I am because the weak will be left behind. I'm not perfect. I get jealous, I get mad and that is just because I know how easily I can be replaced.

I'm no one special and all I wanted was someone to love me. But I have had enough. I've been hurt enough.

He loves me? Lies. Those are all lies. He never loved me and he never will. I know that now and I won't fall for his trap again.

I won't make the same mistake twice. I refuse to.

---

A/N

Hey guys! I haven't been around here because acads and frankly I wasn't planning on going back but stuff happened and reviewing became wattpad and yea. No, I didn't write this update right now this was written a long time ago but I just published it now. I might continue this because procrastination is a thing and I'd rather write this than a research paper.

That's about it! See you guys on the next chapter! If there will be! If not, then the next story