Prologue

Prologue

It was about to be 01:30 am. Marcus was at his office, he had his night shift. I was walking through the living room. And suddenly I heard... footsteps. I blanched and froze in fear. "How's this possible, this place's carpeted, I guess, I'm just tired. I should sleep now." I thought to myself.

As much as I wanted to believe this wasn't happening, it was. The sound of the footsteps grew louder step by step.

"Marcus!! Is that you??" I asked, freaking out. And just as I expected, I got no response.

I ran towards the backyard, not knowing what to do. Just as I stepped out, I saw two kids playing in the yard. I couldn't believe what was going on.

Unexpectedly a car stopped nearby. A guy came out; he was wearing a black sweat shirt and tight pants. He looked really familiar. He came near the kids and started talking to them. The kids looked really shocked when they saw him. He then took the kids towards the car.

I turned around, facing the house, I was freaking out, I didn't realize I was crying until I felt hot tears stream down my face. Suddenly I heard a woman shouting.

"Harry!, Gemma!, get in !" She yelled as she looked for them.

After seeing the lady, the familiar looking guy then got the kids into the car immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~