Forgiveness

Bill's POV

Pine Tree was very upset with me. I honestly hadn't meant to make him mad at me, but I guess I was honestly still horrible at being human, even after all this time.

Shooting Star told me he'd be home soon, so I was waiting in the Mystery Shack expectantly. Thankfully, Stanley and Ford didn't notice me crawling through the window into his room.

I was right now reclining on his bed, stretched out in a relaxed position. He'd be back soon.

I jumped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Mabel? Are you in here?" It was Pine Tree.

I swallowed nervously and put my hands behind my head, exhaling softly. This'll be fine.

Pine Tree finally just opened the door and stepped in. "Mabel-" he broke off when he found me lying out on his bed. Since I was way taller than him, my feet dangled off the end of the bed and my arms were propped up against the headboard. "Bill." He growled. "What are you doing here. I told you we aren't friends anymore."

I sighed, a small smirk on his face. He was so cute. I had no idea why I never told him that. "I know, I had heard you loud and clear when you told me to never show my face in Gravity Falls again." I growled that last part with resentment.

Pine Tree threw his backpack down and glared at me. "Bill, get out of here. I don't want you here."

"Shooting Star is ok with it." I pointed out and he shook his head.

"I don't care what she says, get out."

I found myself smiling. He was adorable when he was mad. "Pine Tree," I swung up and off the bed, crossing the room in two large steps so I was right in front of him, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

I saw Pine Tree swallow and he met my gaze head on. "Bill. You're not sorry. You even bringing about the apocalypse is not ok. It's never ok."

"Then why did Shooting Star forgive me?" I asked him tartly.

Pine Tree looked away quickly. He knew. He was reluctant to tell me why.

"Hello?" I said impatiently.

"She wants us to be friends again..." He whispered.

"She has a big heart." I pointed out and out and put a hand on his shoulder.

He looked at my hand and then back up at me. "Bill, you-you tried to kill us and-"

"And I'm sorry." I told him sternly, hearing a creeping desperation in my voice. "Please, I liked being friends with you!"

Pine Tree broke my stare and looked down at his shoes. "No, I- we can't."

"Don't you think about how I feel?"
I told him furiously, my hand on his shoulder gripping tightly.

"Bill-"

"Pine Tree shut up." I ordered him and he shut his mouth, eyes wide in shock. "I don't want you talking."

He managed to whisper out, "why...?"

I cupped his cheek with my hand and I saw his eyes widen even more before he looked at me just as I kissed him. I finally kissed him. I felt him inhale sharply in disbelief, but I wrapped my other hand around him, holding him in place.

There was the longest silence before I drew away, opening my eyes.

Pine Tree's face was bright pink, his whole body shaking against me. "Bill. W-why did you kiss me?" There was terror in his voice.