Blind Date

Dipper's POV

Maybe it was the fact that I had never been on a date before was why I was terrified.

What? Just because I'm sixteen doesn't mean I had to have had a date before now. Right?

My sister Mabel decided to set me up on a blind date, which I had highly disapproved of, but she somehow managed to get me to go. She didn't say a word of who it was - not like she knew who it was anyways.

I felt extremely awkward waiting at a table for two in a fancy restaurant all by myself. Oh God, I thought, I hope I don't look ridiculous. Mabel told me she set up everything and that she'd be here soon.

"Mabel!" I had said, "just tell me her name!"

Mabel had smirked then. "Imma be honest bro bro, I don't know, but you'll learn her name on your date!"

"Can you at least tell me what she looks like." I had begged, feeling an overwhelming anger succumb me.

"I don't know that either. She'll show up and you'll meet. Badah-bing, badah-boom."

Now I was here, waiting for ten minutes, and I was a nervous wreck.

Did she forget?! I thought frantically. Did she ditch? Did she have second thoughts?! Is she lost?! All these thoughts were horrible and overwhelming.

The thing that broke me out of my subconscious was the ringing the door bell when the door opened up.

I sat up in my chair, fixing my tux. Is she here?! I peered around desperately, trying to see if she was there.

Instead, a tall blonde haired guy, about eighteen, walked in wearing a tux.

I slouched back in my chair. "She's never coming..." I whispered.

The man walked up and sat down at a table for two next to me.

I drummed my fingers on the table. "This can't be happening...this can't be happening..." I buried my face in my hands. "She ditched me." I drank the water in my glass, now wanting wine instead. I didn't care that I was underage.

"Something wrong?"

I turned to my left and saw the blonde haired guy reclining back in his chair, awaiting an answer. "Me? Oh...I'm-I'm fine."

He crossed his arms, inspecting me. "You don't look so good."

I exhaled. "Well, I think my date ditched me." I explained. "She was supposed to be here a while ago and..." I trailed off. "It doesn't matter."

"Aw, bad luck man." The guy sat up opened up a menu. "You want something to drink?"

I blinked, surprised at this strangers offer. "What? Oh, no, I'm-"

"You want wine?" He asked.

My lips parted open in shock. It was like he had read my mind. "Well, yeah, but I-"

"I'll get us some." He smiled kindly and called over a waitress and gave her the order.

"But what about your date?" I asked, confused.

"I just got here, she'll be here soon." He explained and pulled at his suit sleeves.

I smiled. "Thanks for getting the wine." I thanked him, feeling my mood lighten. "Oh, I'm Dipper Pines." I stuck out my hand.

The man looked at it and shook it, raising his eyes and making eye contact with me. "Bill, Bill Cipher."

"You really didn't need to get the wine." I told him.