Chapter 2

"Mr. Miller, Sir not to disturb you or anything but shouldn't you be at home? It's like 11:30pm. I'm about to head out my self Sir. I was just going over your meeting schedule for the next two days before the weekend."

"Damn. I didn't realize how late it really was thank you for telling me Jennifer otherwise I probably would have been here all night."

"Can I ask you something sir?" she asked while turning back around to face me before leaving.

" sure go ahead"

" not to pry or anything but what does your wife think about all of the work you do here at the office I mean she must be pretty pissed and all for you leaving her with the baby all week because of work.?" All I could do was clutch my stomach and laugh hard.

"Y-you think I-I'm married and that I have a baby?"

" well yes sir we all do. I mean you're with them all weekend long and she always is calling the office"

" look Jennifer, you and clearly everyone else has got it all wrong Hensley and I are so not married. We met our senior year of high school and stuck around each other ever  since. And as far as Sam the baby I'm his Godfather and he and Hensley stay with me on the weekends so she can have a break from baby Duty. I'm not married and if it was it definitely wouldn't be to a woman , no offense"

"Oh my gosh, Your gay?" was all she could answer.

"Yes. Now can we leave. I'm exhausted."

" oh right, yes sir. Sorry."

That night as I laid in my bed all I could think about was how my life would be if I actually had gotten married. I mean I'm not exactly old. About to be 28 but still. Who would I even marry? There's only one person I've ever loved enough to even consider marrying. I've tried to date again once, my last year of college but it was a disaster I was bored out of my mind, and he tried to seduce me once but then got pissed off when "nothing came up".

You know the worst part wasn't even that he left me the worst part is even after 10 years no one's ever told me the reason. Luckily it finally stopped hurting me so much about a year ago but there's no doubt that my heart still beats for him and he's the only one I'll ever love with my every being. I'd give anything and do anything just to know he's okay. I don't even have to know where he is I just need to know if he's okay. I guess that's why they say " life's a bitch"!

*************************************
Please vote and leave comments down below!
Thanks yall! I love you guys💋