Our first encounter

A/n: hey! Who do you ship with Jack? Let me know who and what their ship name is.

We arrived at a town and at first it seemed deserted. Well, I'll never assume that again. In truth, the residents never left. They were turned.

I pulled up near a gas station and hopped out. It was getting dark and there was a one story motel about a block away.

"Alright, grab your shit, this is where we're staying tonight," I called back inside of the car. I walked over and shook Lane awake. He had fallen asleep on the way here. I feel like a mom. 

Luckily after I used my scary voice, Taylor wasn't complaining as much. 

As we arrived at the motel, I stopped at the door and signaled them to be quiet. I slowly pushed open the door and it made a really loud creak. I peeked in and saw at least six zombies. I sucked in a breath and backed away from the door. I looked at the others and shook my head. I motioned for Greg to lead us out. Most of us had weapons, but Greg and Jayse were the only ones with guns. Lane had throwing knives, I had a bow and a quiver of arrows, and Taylor wanted a baseball bat for some reason. 

Greg looked around the corner. I saw all of the blood drain from his face as he looked back at us. 

"How many?" I mouthed. He held up his fingers in the sign for a lot. Yup, we're screwed.