Chapter 22

Melisa's POV

''You don't have to say anything if you don't want to'' Glen said handing me a cup of tea and then sat down beside me on the huge white sofa in his living room. 

Dan sat on the other side of the room on a smaller arm chair watching us. 

We were in Glen's apartment, it was bigger than I had expected, he lived alone in a two bedroom flat. I didn't ask why he had two bedrooms because I felt like it wasn't the right time to ask stupid questions.

He had wooden floors and light blue walls. Everything was spotless, I was surprised, I had imagined he lived a lot messier. 

''It's fine...'' I said, '' You can ask me anything, I probably won't know answers to most of your questions but I will tell you what I know'' 

Neither of them said anything, they were both staring at their hands.

I didn't know Dan, or at least I thought I didn't. The thought of him being the one who had put me through torture made me slightly sick. He didn't seem like a person who would do something like it, but then again, who does?

I glanced at Glen and then back at Dan, it didn't seem like they would say anything so I spoke again.

''It was you.... you that took me out of that hotel'' I said to Dan and he looked up at me meeting my eyes. From the corner of my eye I could see Glen was looking at Dan too. 

''If you're saying that I have something to do with this....'' Dan trailed off. Glen put his hand on my leg, and I felt electricity go through my body. 

''He saved you from that hotel, he found out where you were'' Glen said. I found it hard to believe. 

''How.. did he...'' I didn't finish my sentence because Dan cut in.

''I'm going to just say it how it is.'' He said standing up and walking over to where Glen and I were sitting. He sat down on the other side of me, glancing at Glen and then at me.

''For about two months some stranger had been after Mark and his family'' 

''Mark is a good friend of ours'' Glen cut in. 

''The stranger told us to find  Melisa... which was you, and bring you to that hotel room or else Mark's family would... would be in danger'' 

I began feeling slightly uneasy, Glen still had his hand on my leg, I felt it slightly tense up.

''Go on...'' I whispered. 

He told me everything he knew, for some odd reason I didn't feel angry at him or this Mark. I was actually slightly revealed. 

'So that is all we know.'' Dan finished. 

''So you don't know who has been after you, who has been leaving you all these calls and texts?'' Glen asked. I shook my head, that hole in my chest slowly began to grow.

''I have an idea.'' Dan suddenly said and stood up. '' The police can track calls'' He said. 

''You want to get the police involved?'' Glen asked. 

''We have no choice, there are far too many lives at risk. Who knows what's going on with Mark, I wasn't able to reach him earlier.'' 

Maybe Dan was right, maybe going to the police was a good idea.

'' So what do we do?'' I asked. 

''Do you have any texts in your phone from that person?'' Dan asked. I shook my head, I deleted them all. 

At that moment my phone began to vibrate in my pocket, I jumped and I felt my heart jump to my throat. My breathing picked up it's pace.

Everyone was staring at me. I couldn't move.

''Melisa...'' Glen said putting his arm around my shoulder. I couldn't move, or even breathe properly. 

''Sorry' Glen said and reached into my pocket and got out my phone. I felt that weird electric current go through me again. 

''It won't stop ringing until I pick up'' I got the words out. 

''Great'' Dan suddenly said and took the phone from Glen. 

''Let's go, come on guys quick!'' Dan said rushing to the door with my ringing phone in his hands. Neither Glen or I protested. We both got up and ran out the door.