Co-Existence

You made reality feel like a fucking fiction book I would've written myself if you hadn't already made it happen in real time.

And you may have been blue but I was too and when we poured our hearts out onto a palette we found that together, we consisted of every shade of that god forsaken color. I know they use it to represent sadness and most of that comes from me. But the color of white-hot stardust and the sky from dawn to dusk and midnight like the ruffles on my prom dress and the calm cerulean of the unpredictable ocean and every other beautiful happy thing flowed out of your smile...so how could I not fall in love with that? I was looking at what I could be if I just stopped dwelling on the superficial, the unnecessary, the irrelevant.

And you were where fantasy and reality met and that proved to me that those two things could co-exist. Suddenly, I felt like I wasn't so different. You were the first person to tell me that I belonged with the rest of humanity. And yes, I could still live in my head but now I actually had the option of exploring the outside for a change.

You didn't really use words to teach me everything that you did. I learned it all by just watching you...an oddball walking around with his head held high, smiling like he just doesn't give a damn (because you don't) but somehow managing to harmonize with every other ordinary thing that seems to make up the rest of the world.

You are a fucking planet all on your own. I am, too. Thank you for showing me that I could mingle in this solar system, and not just shut everyone out.

This is the first time I've felt this way without becoming a moon, desperately maintaining an orbit we supposedly have. I did not become part of you. And you did not become part of me. Instead, we happened-we aligned for a moment-then we drifted without doing any permanent damage. That is perhaps the most beautiful thing. You treated me like I wasn't halfway insane. That makes me smile. I've always wanted to be a person.