The Call

Once  I got home I decided to call Kenney. He picked up on the third ring. “Hello?” He asked. I took a deep breath. “Kenney it’s me Leonna.” I said.

“Yeah what did you need?” He asked his voice gentle.

“I need you to come over to my apartment, like right now.” I said quickly.

“What is it Leo, can it wait till tomorrow?” He asked.

“No Kenney it can’t.” I said pressuring him to come. He sighed and said he would be over in a few minutes. I texted him the address.

A couple minutes passed before I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and there was Kenney standing there. I pulled him in and locked the door.

“Leo what’s going on?” He asked. I said nothing and handed him the note. He looked confused, but none the less read it. When he was done he had a blank expression on his face.

“Ken what does it mean?” I asked my voice shaking slightly. He pulled out a white piece of paper from his back pocket. He handed it to me, not saying one word.

‘You thought it was over

Sucks for you

You started this game

Now I’ll play to.’

I quickly looked at him.

“Ken what does this mean?” I asked again. Tears were building up in my eyes. Kenney pulled me into a hug.

“First what we need to do is see if the notes are connected.” He said kissing me forehead. I nodded pulling away from him.

“I’ll call Kelly, you call Joey.” I said pulling out my phone. Kenney left the room to call Joey.

“Hello?” Kelly said. I haven’t heard her voice in years.

“Kelly it’s me Leonna.” I said.

“Oh, did you hear about Alora?” She asked quietly. I sighed. “Yeah I did, but that’s not why I called.” I said. It was quiet for a minute.

“Then why did u call?” She asked. I took a deep breath. “Kelly did you happen to get a little white note today?” I asked quietly. It was completely silent.

“Kelly?” I asked. A couple more minutes had passed. I thought she had hung up.

“Yes.” She said. I was confused, did she get the note?

“Yes, you got a note?” I asked.

“Yes , I got a note. Did you?” She asked. I sighed heavily. “Yes, me and Kenney both.” I said.