Chapter 19

I wake up with someone spooning me. I tense up a bit, then I remember what happened last night. I curl back up in the embrace. Aaron hugs me tighter.

"You know we have work right?" I say.

"Then why did you curl up?" He asks.

"Cause you're very warm." I say.

"Well, today is Friday. We won't have to worry about work for two days."

"That's why I love weekends."

"Who doesn't? Do we have to move?"

"What time is it?"

"Hmmm. 7."

"Ok, ten more minutes." It feels nice. But there is something I have to ask him.

"Aaron?" I say.

"Hm?" He says.

"Thanks for letting me talk about it last night. Even if I couldn't finish."

"It's fine. I'm always here for you."

"I'm very grateful for it. But you do have anything you want to talk about?" He goes silent for a bit and answers

"I don't want to trouble you."

"Yeah, but you sleep so lightly, I noticed. Why is that? You don't have to say."

"Maybe one day. I'll tell you once you feel better."

"I'm here for you." We just cuddle for the rest of the time. Once we actually pull ourselves out of bed, Aaron asks me something.

"Do you want to go on a date tonight?" He asks. I blush lightly and smile.

"Sure. It would be nice." I answer.

"I'll pick you up at six?" He asks.

"That's fine. Are we still up for lunch?" I say.

"Yeah. Where do you want to go?"

"I have an idea. I'll make us lunch. We can have it at the park since it's so nice."

"Sounds good. See ya later." He places a kiss on my cheek.

"You too." I blush and he leaves. I put on a pair of pants, a white, flowy blouse, a coat that goes to my elbows, and a bag. I make us some sandwiches. I put them in my bag and head out. I'm particularly jumping up and down waiting till lunch. Once it comes, Aaron and I meet up and pick out a spot to eat. It's nice, but soon I have to leave and head out to work. We say goodbye and I head back to work. I can't wait till I'm off. I get to talk to Annie a bit. She's really nice.

"Hey Annie." I say.

"Hi Max. I've been meaning to ask, want to hang out this weekend. Sunday maybe? We can have lunch. I would like to properly meet you." She says.

"Sure. Any place in mind?" I ask.

"There's this really cute little café. I'll write the address down." She writes it down and hand it to me. I thank her and we work out the details. I just work as hard as I can till I can leave. Once five 'o clock rolls around, I put everything away and try to leave ASAP. Only, Vincent tries to talk to me on the way out.

"Hey Max-" he says

"It's Maxine to you. What do you want, I'm busy?" I say.

"I wanted to say sorry-" he tries

"Listen. I don't want to here it. We aren't even in the friend zone, in fact, we are so low from it. Leave me."

"Your friend interrupted us last night-"

"Don't you bad mouth him. He's much better than you are."

"If you like him so much, why don't you date him?"

"I will punch you so hard, you'll be knocked into next week. Now. Leave." He blocks my way.

"Hey-"

"Excuse me, move. I don't have the tolerance to deal with you. My little sister behaves better than you." He moves. I push pass him so I can leave. He wasted five minutes of my time! I hop on the subway and make it home. I take a shower and dry my hair. I leave it down. I put on a blue, no shelve dress that goes down to my knees. I wear white heels, gold jewelry, and a white cardigan. I put on some lipstick, mascara, blush, and eyeliner. I take a blue hand purse and put my keys and some money in it. I'm so excited. It seems kinda funny how I thought I would never come to even like Aaron. He's won me over, that's for sure. I hear a knock on the door. I look out the peep hole and see Aaron. I smile and open the door. He's in a nice semi causal suit. His eyes widen when he sees me. I blush a bit.

"Hello Max. You look really beautiful." He says. I blush a bit more.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I say. It's his turn to blush now. He pulls some flowers behind his back.

"I thought you would like these." He says. They are hyacinths.

"Hyacinths! They are my favorite. Thank you." I take them and invite him in. "Let me us put these in water. They smell wonderful." I smile.

"You mentioned them before. I made a mental note about it." He says.

"You spoil me." I say placing them in water.

"Nothing's too much for you." I blush.

"So, where's the place?"

"You'll love it. Come on. I have a good surprise." He takes my hand and leads me to the park. I'm confused, but he just asks me to trust him. Of course I do. I follow. At one point he asks if he can blindfold me.

"No! No way, no how!" I say.

"Close your eyes for a few seconds than." He asks.

"Do I have too?"

"Do my you trust me?"

"I do, but......"

"I'm not gonna do anything bad. I promise."

"....................fine."

"Ok, I'll lead you. Just close your eyes, and no peeking!" I sigh and close my eyes. He takes my hand and leads me to some place.

"You can look now." He says. I open my eyes to a beautiful scene. It's a picnic on a hill, so we can see the sunsetting.  Flowers are in bloom all around us. He has lights set up too, just in case it gets dark. I gasp and smile.

"O my.... You didn't have to do this." I say.

"Yes I did. Shut up." He says. He offers me to sit down. I do and it's amazing. A beautiful dinner, a breathtaking view, and something I haven't felt to many times. Love.