Chap 1

Symphony

(Dream Mode)

"Why?! Why didn't you help me protect Maria?!" That voice it echoed through the endless mansion. I don't even remember his face. I softly cried, "I'm sorry Maria...if only I had helped you"

I appeared outside looking at luscious green pastures of grass. I was looking at myself and there I laid in a bedpool of my own blood. I simply wept at the fact I was dead.

Silver simply appeared, "I will bring you back again but don't do anything drastic" I nodded and he tapped my body and the blood was gone. I found myself waking up.

(End Dream)

I sit up still in a bit of shock. I thought of pursuing the one who killed me but a voice said, "Do not seek out your killer for he will kill you again" I sighed but I did head home.

I saw a few of the local mobian kids and they ran over to me. "Miss Symphony,  Miss Symphony....do you have anything for us today" I shook my head, "No, sorry little ones"

I just aimlessly kept walking. Out of nowhere I see a bluish kinda blur fly past me. It stops an he looks at me, "Sonic?" He gives off his signature smile, "Hey, you alright? You look famished." I leaned against the tree with my eyes closed, "What's it to you?"

I could feel him go into abit of shock and whispered, "Wow she's even got his attitude."  I opened my eyes and looked at him, "So what do you want? If its nothing I can go." He sighed, "Do you have a place to stay?"

I sighed and shook my head and within a few seconds we're inside a big mansion. I go to one of the guest rooms and its purple paved in black and blue stars. I soon heard people downstairs.

I descended down the steps and everyone was staring. I leaned against the wall, "Well aren't you gonna introduce me?" He nodded, "Well guys this is Symphony and Symphony these are Tails, Silver, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Blaze, and Cream.

I slowly nodded but when I looked up I saw the one proclaimed to be Shadow staring at me. He muttered something then shook his head. Fact of the matter is I don't remember much.

Shadow

Great she's here as if it isn't enough that I hate life and every living thing. Now the one person I remotely despise is living with blue. Perfect just perfect it seems my past is finally here to haunt me.

Something looks off about her though. She looks as if she's trying to remember some things. She's closed off her emotions. After practically everyone leaves I went upstairs to see her. She was just laying down in her bed peacefully sleeping or so it seemed.

She woke up screaming and she was shedding tears. "Why didn't I help save her? Maria I'm so sorry..." I knocked on her door, "Not decent...." I shook my head, "I'm coming in"

I stood there by her wall, "What happened back then wasn't your fault" She looked at me, "How would you know?" I shook my head, "I was there....we will talk more about this later..." I leave the room and leave Blue's house.

Symphony

As I laid here in bed I started to think. The Shadow that I was just talking to. He seemed like the old Shadow. Compared to the one I met with everyone else. That Shadow was very distant and hated the world but the Shadow I talked to seemed like he cared.

"Symph, you okay? I heard screaming" I looked up at Sonic and I just nodded, "Just a bad dream is all" He nodded and left.

Shadow

Besides Maria there were times I would wonder about Symphony too. On Space Colony Ark, Maria would joke about me and Symphony liking one another.

Of course we'd deny it but Symphony would always blush every time I got a good look at her. At the time when I had emotions I found it cute. I read her mind a couple times too. I found out that she did have feelings for me.

But after Maria put us in the escape pods. I never saw her nor Symphony. Then I heard about Symphony getting killed but her killer fled. I know I blamed her for not saving Maria but I was hurt.

She couldn't save her even if I wanted her to...She was stuck in that pod just as much as I was....

I'm leaning against the tree and I hear growling. "Mephiles, come out I know your there" I growled slightly as I see him emerge from darkness. "Your senses haven't failed you yet I see"

"What do you want?" I growled again. "I want that girl" I knew that he was talking about Symphony but I started to feel some type of way. I turned my head and there she was. "Symphony"

She looked at Mephiles in horror. "M-Mephiles..." Mephiles was looking at her evilly. I knew right then I had to get her away from here. I ran and grabbed her and kept running until we got to my place.