Chapter 1: The Rumor

A/N: Hello everyone! So this as the description states is a fanfiction about the anime Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima. This is my first story, so I hope you all like it! Again, if you want to learn more about some of the characters and the story, then feel free to visit my website, the link is on my profile. Enjoy!

I do not own Fairy Tail, I do however own any and all OC's, any magic I have made, and etc, etc, you know the drill. ENJOY!! :)

~•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•~

Prologue (part of Chapter one)

The Kingdom of Fiore, a land of magic and littered with wizard guilds across the country, occupying towns, villages, and the like. In the centre of a town called Magnolia, there lay a guild called Fairy Tail. A group of rowdy, loving people brought together by their interest in magic, and a bond called family. Although having no blood relation, everyone in the guild is treated as such; brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, parents and children. This story takes place at the beginning of the month of September when the leaves on the trees were beginning to change from their normally mellow greens to the bright and festive reds and oranges, signifying the end of summer that drew near. No matter the day, no matter the season, Fairy Tail remained a happy place for it's members, now and forever. But today something was going to change. Would it be for the good? For the bad? Only time will tell, but for now, let's step inside and have a look at our friends in Fairy Tail shall we?

~•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•~

Chapter 1: The Rumor

September 1st X792

It was just a normal morning at Fairy Tail. Cana's sitting in the corner drinking out of her 5th barrel this morning as Macao and Wakaba tell her she drinks too much, Gray stripped down to his underwear at the table he's at while Juvia's hiding behind the pillar, stalking him. Gajeel's eating some Iron at a table whilst watching Levy read her book to Pantherlily, Mira's smiling behind the counter while cleaning a mug, Erza's beating up Elfman and Natsu for making her drop her cake as Lucy and Romeo laugh at them, meanwhile, Happy makes a side comment that Lucy has gained weight again resulting in a Lucy Kick out the door. Bisca and Alzack are playing with Asuka, Wendy and Charle were talking to Lisanna about the job they just went on, as Laxus and the Raijinshuū sit at another table teasing Evergreen about a certain male Take-over mage... Yup, just your average day at Fairy Tail! That was until Charle remembered something she'd heard on their last job.

"Ne, Wendy, do you remember that rumor that one of the villagers told us about?" The little white cat casually asked her blue haired companion. There was a pause as Wendy brought her right index finger to her chin as she thought about it before her face lit up.

"Oh! The one about that cave in the next town over? The one we thought we'd tell Lucy-san about?"

"Yeah, that one! Don't you think we should tell her about it now that we're back?"

"Good idea Charle! It had completely slipped my mind, thanks for reminding me!" The young dragon slayer beamed.

"What are friends for?" Charle returned Wendy's positive aura before they excused themselves from their conversation with Lisanna to go speak to the blonde across the room. Noticing their approach, Lucy reduced her laughter to a light giggling as she turned to speak to her petite friend.

"Hey Wendy, hey Charle, what's up?" the celestial mage politely inquired between chuckles.

"We just wanted to talk to you about a rumor we heard on our last job at that village we went to." the exceed replied.