Part 1

I approached the gate that connected to the towering walls in the middle of Manhattan. Many signs and banners saying "Quarantine" or "Bio hazard" were displayed on these walls. I know this is the most dangerous part of the city, since it is contaminated and many enemies await behind the wall. I reached for the gate, but stopped for a moment. My heart began pounding and I felt light-headed in the freezing wind. Was I really going to risk my life going in there alone? Without the help of anyone and having to watch my own back? I pondered the two questions for a minute, then I took a deep breath and opened the gate into the southernmost checkpoint of the Dark Zone.
The only person in the room other than me was someone who sold high quality weapons. This place was small and the only useful thing in there was a box with ammo, a few grenades, and a few medic kits. I searched the box for everything required for my journey and walked toward the door into the Dark Zone. With a quick wave to the salesman, I opened the door and dawned my dark grey mask.
I cautiously stepped out, scanning the area for any enemies. Fear is my worst enemy here, I know I can't trust anyone. No one was in sight. The door shut behind me with a loud click. Startled, I sprinted to a cover. I felt a little embarrassed for jumping at the sound of a door closing. I adjusted my blue trapper hat and my blue jacket, then wandered the empty street.
The deeper into the Zone I went, the more nervous I became. I held onto my assault rifle tight and was slightly crouched. I often glanced behind my back and scanned the area using a pulse with every chance I could. My heart raced, my hands shook, and my whole being trembled. I began to think I was only paranoid and that there was nothing to worry about since nobody seemed to be around.
Suddenly, I heard a gunshot fire from a short distance and a few yells sounded. A helicopter flew over my head and more gunshots were fired. Turning the corner, I saw a group of Division agents attacking a wave of Rioters. There were seven agents waiting for the JTF to extract the contaminated gear they found. Something went wrong. Four of the agents started attacking the other three, completely ignoring the JTF aircraft and the Rioters. I saw the the three beg for mercy and effortlessly defend themselves, only to be killed by the rouge agents. I hid behind a white van, breathing heavily and heart racing. I tried to use my pulse on them, but failed. I peeked out of the back of the van and saw one of them look in my direction. I couldn't see his face, but I saw that he had a leather jacket and black boots. He said something to the other rouges and looked in my direction again. I was sure they saw me, and sprinted north. I heard yells behind me and gunshots whistle past my head. I was now on the run.