Go To Sleep Ya Little Babe

Summary: College age Josh likes to vent frustration by playing the drums in the basement of his shared practically paper house. Tyler, his boyfriend, on the other hand likes to go to bed at 8:30.

Genre: short fluff.

Triggers: none

Words: 652

Josh felt sweat build between his palms and the wooden sticks as he pounded on the kit. His music playing in headphons so loudly he could hardly hear just how loudly he was playing. But damn he could feel it. He thought about his grades. BANG. His GPA. BANG CRASH. His future. BANG BANG. And finally his boyfriend. There was a single beat of hesitation that his pounding heart filled in before being drowned out by the drum's pounds.

   He played so passionately he couldn't hear Tyler pat down the steps in his boxers and one of Josh's tees. It practically swallowed Tyler's thin frame but it fit well.

   Josh banged on the bass drum keeping up with the song that played in his ear's beat. "Josh!" Tyler yelled, but Josh didn't respond, too caught up in the song, and Tyler was much too quiet even when he was yelling. Tyler put his hands on his hips and walked over, abruptly pulling the headphones out of both of Josh's ears. Josh hardly hesitated just tilted his head back and kissed Tyler quickly. He kept the beat carefully, keeping his eyes on the drums before shouting "Hey baby!" Over the drum's pound.

Tyler was not nearly as excitable, sleep weighing heavy on his face and pulling it downwards. "Josh!" Tyler yelled again, even louder over the pound of the drums. Josh didn't stop his beat, he was getting into it now. Tyler placed his hands over Josh's arms holding them from pounding on the drums again, Josh's face turned into a slight frown at the corners of his  mouth. On the other hand relief flooded through Tyler, peace finally entering his ears. "Love of mine, it's 11:30. You need to come to bed." Tyler bargained, running his hands up Josh's arms.

"Alright baby. Give me 10 more minutes. I'll show you what I've been working on." A migraine entered Tyler's head once more at the thought of noisy drums. Before Tyler could reject the offer Josh was playing again. He hit each drum with passion, crashing into it with force like he was still trying to show off.

Tyler had no way to make him quiet down so instead he wrapped his arms around Josh's shoulders, his head  nuzzling into the crook of his neck. Tyler placed light kisses on Josh's neck and up his ear, across his jawline, and back down his neck. With every peppered kiss the drumming got lighter and less steady, even though Josh despratley tried to keep going. He craned his neck to the side, giving Tyler more places to kiss, and that's when Tyler had won. Tyler nibbled lightly on his ear and Josh's left arm dropped. Tyler kissed by his Adam's apple and the bass beat stopped, though Josh's leg violently shaked. Tyler kissed closer to his shoulder blade and Josh's legs spread open just a bit, his right arm occasionally hitting the drum off beat. Finally Tyler kissed his mouth and Josh placed both drumsticks on this bass drums and let his arms slack to the side.

Tyler moved around the drum stool and sat on Josh's lap, unbuttoning his shirt's top button and then kissing his lips. And he continued this pattern until his shirt hung loosley around his shoulders and then he stopped, "Ready for bed?" Tyler asked quietly in his ear.

"Is anything waiting in bed upstairs?" Josh asked, his eyes glazing over. Tyler kissed the corners of his mouth "Not tonight. But in the morning, maybe." Josh hummed sadly but shrugged, "Anytime is a good time baby boy." Tyler kissed him once more, "Come to bed dog breath."