Chapter 7 - First Day

I spent the last weeks of the summer holidays just like I had spent the first weeks, which by that I mean doing nothing. Except from hanging out with the boys, I just stayed at home and ate, slept, read, went for walks, ate again, you know, the usual stuff you do when you're bored. It had been too hot outside to go out for a whole week so I had to stay inside. Even the pool wasn't cold enough to cool me down and to be honest, I wanted to curl up in the fridge and live in there with the food. That way I wouldn't have to walk to get to my food and I would spend my life with my best friend. I love food.

But obviously I couldn't live in the fridge so I lived in my bedroom with the fan on full power and the air conditioning on full too. So it was probably the equivalent of living in the fridge. Whenever I was bored I would talk into my fan and sound robotic, ending up laughing. I was easily amused. My mom kept coming upstairs and asking who I was talking to.

Mom promised to get me a dog after I started school to reduce my boredom which I think is stupid, don't get me wrong, I love dogs and would do anything to have a dog because I love animals, and I was over the moon and on top of mars when she told me, but if she wanted to get me a dog to cure my boredom she should have got it as soon as we got here for the holidays. Now that I'm starting school I'll be occupied with homework and social life (if I make any friends, that is).

So I'm starting school next week and quite frankly, I'm glad because any longer being locked up in here with this scorching heat outside with nothing to do, I literally would've died. And I need to meet new people and make friends because even though the boys are good friends and a lot of fun, I think I need some girl friends too. And if I live my life just with them, I think we can all agree that it will get slightly tedious, possibly ending in some kind of suicide. So just another week of talking to my fan and preparing myself.

****************************************************************

When I said I had 'just another week', I made it sound like no time at all, but it was the longest week of my whole life. Well, apart from the week of my parent's divorce when I was 10. But anyway, I was 'this' far from actually drowning myself in our pool. Who said you couldn't die of boredom? Well, if I had another week, then I think I could change history, you can actually die of boredom.

So today was the day. It was barely five minutes into the morning and I was already panicking. What about, forgot to buy a school bag, lost my bus ticket? Nope, I didn't know what to wear. Lame, I know. But I had to make good first impressions. I was holding up a pair of dark blue, denim shorts and my white cuffed skinny jeans. After several minutes of mentally arguing over which one to wear, I decided to wear the skinny jeans; they seemed the most appropriate for school. I had already wasted 15 minutes of my morning just deciding on what to wear so I really had to speed things up.

I ended up wearing my white cuffed skinny jeans, a turquoise and blue checked shirt that complemented my figure and turquoise VANS. I went into the bathroom and started doing my make-up. Not that I needed much, but again, first impressions. I put a little concealer to cover up any spots, applied mascara and eye liner, which made my hazel eyes pop. They were slightly browner today with a few hints of gold in them that made them look almost unnatural. I powdered a light layer of blusher on my cheeks, making them look pink but natural. I finally put on a dark pink shade of lipstick that looked natural and made my lips look fuller. Satisfied with how I looked, I turned all my attention to my hair, which seemed a bit limp in tangled waves even though I had just brushed it. I didn't have time to curl or straighten it so I just braided it down the side, over my right shoulder. I sighed, finally finished and satisfied with my appearance.

I galloped down the stairs and poured myself some Cheerios, checking the time. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised my alarm clock was fifteen minutes fast so I had half an hour to have breakfast, clean my teeth and gather my stuff for school. I quickly shoved heaped spoon fulls of yummy Cheerios into my mouth, not forgetting to chew then swallow, as my mom always said.