Chapter Fifteen

"Hey hey hey!" The voice was yelled across the room.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I shouted, pushing her back, as a wide grin was plastered onto her face.

"Hey! It's not my fault... Maybe you should've told me earlier!"

"Max, who is that?" I heard Jack ask from beside me.

I was cut off before I could answer.

"Well well if it isn't mister septiceye himself! Nice to finally meet you!" She said, walking over and leaning herself against him before stepping back. "My name is Amber. A fan of yours and the official best friend of Max over here."

I sighed, placing my head in my hands. Jack laughed. "Aww well it's nice to meet you too!"

Her eyes narrowed. "Do I smell food?"

"Yeah... We were just about to eat. I was goin-" She cut me off again and clapped her hands together loudly.

"Well don't mind if I do!"

My mother spoke up. "Oh dear," she chuckled, smiling at Amber. "We made plenty, and it's nice to see you again, darling!"

"Aw thanks mom, I missed you." She said, giving a big hug to my mother.

She made eye contact with Irwin. They glared at each other before Amber let out a scoff. "Irwin."

He hissed back at her. "Amber."

Her eyebrows raised. "Nice to see what the cat threw up."

He huffed at her. "That's not even the right expression, idiot."

"Oh, I know." She began, tilting her head. "But I think you look more like half digested vomit than a human."

I looked over at Jack who was wide eyed with confusion and shock. 

"Alright, enough you two." I heard my mother say in a stern tone. 

"She started it!" Irwin complained, pointing at her with anger in his voice.

"I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it." She growled back.

Amber stomped into the kitchen, and my mother followed behind her. Irwin followed as well.

Jack looked over at me. "Uh...?"

"I'll explain later... Just go enjoy your breakfast, I'm going to grab my dad." I said, ruffling his hair with a smile.

After breakfast Amber helped me wash the dishes. Well, I made her, actually. She didn't want any part of it, the lazy little witch. She never wanted to do anything productive.

After we finished everything, I was drug upstairs into the spare bedroom. She threw me to the side and slammed the door shut, then turned around with an ecstatic look on her face. I hadn't seen her this happy since she got to punch Irwin in the face a few years back.

"JACK IS IN THIS HOUSE. JACK-MOTHERFUCKING-SEPTICEYE IS IN THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" She squealed, jumping up and down.

I laughed. "Yeah, and he's my boyfriend."

She flailed around making weird noises then tossed herself onto the bed, kicking her feet. I was the only person to ever see her fangirl. She would never do it in front of someone else, and she forbid me from ever telling anyone.

"Calm down you fuck, he might hear you if you keep squealing like that." I said, pulling her back onto her feet.

She squealed still, but much more quietly as her body overflowed with happy jitters.