Chapter Twenty Two

Sean's POV:

I woke up, my head pounding and dizzy. I couldn't remember what had happened last. Was Max okay? Was she home?! 

 I pulled myself out of bed and walked into the living room. Amber was sitting on the couch, and she looked up at me. Her expression changed, and she sneered at me.

"Why are you here?"

"I live here..." I replied, looking confused.

"Yeah." She glared. "Where's Jack?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head.

"You're Sean, where's Jack?"

"How did you..."

She smiled, looking up at me. "He's not gone. You think he's dead but he's not."

It all clicked with me. How, though? Max killed him... He shouldn't be able to come back. How can he return? It's impossible. 

"Yeah, that's right. He's still alive." She said, then glaring up at me. "And you're... You're a horrible person!" She shrieked.

"Wh-" I began, but she cut me off.

"You hurt him, you rejected him and broke his heart! You treated him like an outcast! It's your fault he's like this!" She screamed, shoving me back into a wall.

"I didn't! I s-"

Slap!

I felt her hand hit hard across my face, and I held it. 

"You're a horrible excuse for a human. I want Jack back, now!" 

"No! You don't understand! Jack is the bad one!" I yelled back, clutching my head as I felt the sharp pains began to rise.

"Liar!" She screamed, pushing me back again. I slid down the wall, the pain in my head becoming unbearable.

"I want him back! You're nothing but a liar and a bastard. Fuck you." 

"Amber... Please..." I begged, falling onto my knees, holding my head as tightly as I could.

I began to feel everything fade to black.

Max's POV:

"Third?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Oh, my grandson, dear. He doesn't usually come home for dinner often." She said with a sad smile. "If you'll excuse me, dear, I need to check our dinner."

I twitched my mouth to the side. A second cat jumped onto the couch and glared at me with its deep yellow eyes. I looked back over at the arrangement of houseplants. Some hanging in little glass domes, some on the floor, and some in the window seal. 

I sighed deeply. I wonder if this could be my new home? I wouldn't mind it too much, to be honest. It seemed so cozy and welcoming. 

I jumped as I heard the door swing open, and a tall, burly shadow moved by. I followed it and looked up to see a tan, fluffy headed man. He turned around and looked down at me.

"Well well, who's this lovely lady here?" He asked, with the thickest Irish accent I've ever heard.

Before I could speak, I heard a happy call from Joyce. "Daniel? Are you home doll?"

He smiled sweetly and turned away to look at the kitchen. "Yeah gran, I'm home."

She came scurrying out and gave him a hug. The first thing I noticed was how big Daniel was compared to her. She was about an inch or two shorter than me. My God, he must be at least six foot.