2

"Merry Christmas! Come in, make yourself at home!" I welcomed the boys nervously into my humble abode. They all made their way to the lounge room finding the video games. I awkwardly walk into the lounge room seeing that all the chairs are takin.

"Wait Violet," Ashton called out just as I was about to leave, "you can sit here if you want."

"Thanks Ash," I said gratefully sitting down. Mentally, I screamed and totally flipped out at how nice he was. WHO DOES THAT THESE DAYS? Basically no one."I'm thirsty! Does anyone want a drink?" I asked the boys which all replied with a nod. Michael saying a quite 'yes please' looking strait into my eyes, Luke uninterested while texting someone, Ashton looking up from the ground and Calum looking up and down my body. Weird.

MICHAEL'S POV

My emotions have gone crazy. I've seen her in family pictures and Luke has said she is a great person but... I don't even know how to explain.

ASHTON'S POV

I can't wait to get to know Violet. I know that if I was her age, I would definitely ask her out.

CALUM'S POV

Man her butt is amazing... Wow.

LUKE'S POV

These boys really need to stop gawking over my cousin, it's really fucking obvious.

VIOLET'S POV

Was it just me or was the tension high when I left the room. It definitely felt like all eyes where on me and for some reason... mostly on my butt. Maybe I shouldn't have decided to wear short shorts and a tank top today.

I quickly walk to the kitchen, over thinking my outfit. What if I'm too fat for these shorts? Stop being negative Vi, it's bad for the brain. Hmm now water, cordial, beer, soft drink, juice? God this is hard. I don't even know these guys and what they like!

I walk into the lounge room facing a group of childish boys screaming at the video game they where playing. Michael saw me first and slapped Calum who bumped into Ashton who looked at Luke who rolled his eyes and sat up on the chair. "Um," I awkwardly swallowed, "I was just wondering if you would like juice, water, soft drink, bee-" they cut me off,

"Beer!" They all said in unison. All of their faces turned red except for Luke's, is something up with him? He seems different. I walked out after saying 'okay' to them all. I grabbed four of my dads stubby coolers and took the beer out of the esky. I stole one of my mums Apple cedars out of the fridge for myself as well. (If you have any questions about the Australian slang don't be afraid to ask! Or just google it)

As I walked in to the room all of the boys took their beers and drank it quickly, cooling their bodies in the Christmas heat. "Thanks Vi! This was really needed!" Ashton giggled with all the boys agreeing with him.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" My dad comes into the lounge room with a cricket bat and a beer in hand. A loud 'Merry Christmas' was heard from everyone in reply. "Does anyone fancy a game of cricket?" With that the tv was turned off and everyone was outside playing a nice friendly game of cricket.

I had never liked to play sports, even Christmas Day sports and even though I'm a true blue Australian, I still didn't know how to swing a cricket bat. And surely enough it was my turn soon after Luke and Calum's. I grabbed the bat and tried to swing at the ball and missed, almost hitting myself in the head with the bat. "Here I'll help you, I was the king of cricket in my day," Calum piped up putting his hands around my body and on top of mine. I slightly blushed as I felt his muscles on my arm and his huge hands covering my small ones.

I looked over to Michael and he had a strange look on his face. Like he was the one that wanted to be where Calum was, but I decided I didn't want that to bother me, Calum isn't my type anyway. The ball was thrown by my dad with a beer in his hand. It was coming strait for the bat and Calum's arms and hands made the bat glide through the air to hit the plastic ball which flew over to the next door neighbours house. "I'll get it!" I said pulling myself out of Calum's soft grasp.

MICHAEL'S POV

He new I had the hots for her. I haven't even known her for an hour and I felt like a jealous school boy when the popular guy got a new bike. These feelings are ridiculous and need to stop. She isn't mine for the taking. It was going to be a hard couple of weeks if I except these feelings and even though it felt good to like someone this much again, I had to compress them and tell them to go away.

VIOLET'S POV

I can't believe this. I can't believe I have feelings for a boy that I only just met. But I can't feel this way, I had to tell them to go away like a bully in the playground.

-----

Still haven't figured out how to end a chapter but I'll get there! If you are a successful fan fic author, please let me know how to improve cause it would be greatly appreciated!

- C