6.

As I got to the Warehouse, I slowly skipped in. A boy greets me at the door. His name tag said, Jack. "Hey how's it going," he quickly spoke. I waved a hand to say hi. I sat and looked at the menu. "What would you like to get sweetie," the old lady asked me? "Um, I'll get the chicken basil with a salad," I spoke with no problems. "Coming right up!," the lady said extra exciting. I put my face in my palms and just sat there. Most people believe being silent is your worst enemy, but I find it strangely soothing.
*Bell rings*
My head shoots up to look at the door. Just a old man, I sign. I started to stare at people. Mostly at Jack in his uniform for work. It fits him and his smile I thought. I realize what I was doing a stop immediately.
What's taking my food so long. I just covered my face again and wonder if I should go home or stay lost in the world. "Is everything ok?," a firm voice asked. I looked to see who it was, I was shocked. It was Jack. "Uh yeah, it's all good..," I lied. "Are you sure, you seem off," he looked over, cleaning the table next to me. "How are you so sure," I shot back. He rubbed his head, "Because I have a sister and I can read minds," he laughed. "Oh yeah, what I'm thinking right now!" He made a thinking face, he hand was very firm on his face. "Your clueless," I started laughing. "At least your smiling." he said with confidence. Why he has to be so God damn cute. "Jack get back to work," this young lady voice spoke. I turned. It's the manager. He stop smiling and walked away. "Was he bothering you?, She asked. I shook my head. She nodded and walks away to talk with him. I see my meal with the old lady coming, "here you go girly!" Still what with her excitement? I quickly ate to leave. It's tasted like the chicken was burned and the basil was soggy. I didn't even want the salad. I put my napkin on the food and took a look at the check. I didn't notice she brought it already. I payed the 15 dollars and went on my way. I watched the area in my neighborhood, there was no weird behavior. I chose to stay in my area and not the woods. For some reason I wanted to live and not die. Maybe I should go home. Those are the thoughts that ran my mind all night.

I woke up the next morning I went for a walk. The cool morning breeze hit me. I pulled my jacket tighter against me. I'm going to get sick I thought. I just remembered what I was thinking about last night. Now I'm just saying who cares if they find me. What was I thinking I last two days away from home and I want to come back. I'm now unsure if I should go. My dad may hug me or just beat me to death. It's not worth trying. I went to the park I loved as a kid, it was mainly like a meadow. I ran to the top of the hill by the tree. It was a flower tree, a hollow tree. I lay on my back and looked at the sky. I remember the summers I'll look at the sky and name clouds and count stars. That gave me the thought I should stay here for the nights and days. There so much land I won't get homesick. I could feel my eyes drifting off the sleep, the weight of my eyes shut and as quick as that I was sleep. I awake around mid afternoon, to see a face staring at me. I immediately jump and and push back. "What the hell," I yell. I looked at again at the persons face, a boy's face, it was Jack. He was just laughing, "that's not funny," I say. "Yeah ok if it was the other way around you would laugh, don't you lie," he says as he calms down. He smiles as I give a look that he won. "I'll get you next time, now why you siting here, why's are you..." He cuts me off, "Woah woah, calm down you just looked lonely so I thought I'll wait for you to wake up." "Why are you not home, do you have a home," he continued. I look up when a frown then look back down. "Um well I ran away," I say. He nods. He grab a piece a fresh bake bread. He holds it up to his ear and breaks it apart, "sounds delicious," he said as I chuckled. We just stare and eat the half a bread he broke. "Want to take a walk," I asked, I thought it would be kind. "Uh, sure," he says without a question.