Chapter 36-The End

AN:
I'd love to hear some baby names suggestions guys!!

32 weeks

Patrick's Pov

We board the bus after the end of another show. I'm the last to get on and shut the door behind me. Andy hits the shower. Pete goes to check the fridge. Joe plods over to his bunk and Sky hits herself down on the couch.

Her belly is so big now but she's still as beautiful as ever.

She catches me looking at her and blushes. I sit my weary body next to her and rub her tummy.

"How are you?" I ask and fail to hide the concern in my voice. Skylar giggles and looks into my eyes. "Actually pretty good. It helps that the media and fans are so supportive of.." And she gestures down.

I nod. It had been such a relief for the reception to this "teen pregnancy" being positive. Now my face is all over magazine covers,each one speculating a different thing:
-baby names
-gender
-will I propose
-will I be a good dad

The last two scare the heck out of me. I know marriage is the right thing to do and I love Sky so much but...still I'm afraid of the commitment.

Well the baby isn't due for another few weeks so I've some time left to sort out these feelings.

"Pat?" "Yea?" I reply and turn my head to face Skylar. "What are you thinking?" She says while looking at her bump. I shake my head. "Nothing important,do you want some food?" I ask as the bus begins to slow down and I get up.

My breath quickens. How can I be a dad?! Look after another life when I can't even look after my own! Skylar would be better off without me in the picture.

Seeing her bump has just cemented the reality of what's happening...reality of I'm in wayyy over my head.

----

Skylar's pov

Patrick gets up and walks to the back of the bus.

He looks a little off tonight.. He's probably tired after the show, I dismiss.

The bus comes to a haunt and I look at Pete who comes back into the room. At my confused expression he answers "The engines over heated so it'll be awhile before we get back on the road."

I nod and a sharp pain hits my stomach causing me to double over. Ahh what was that?!

Andy who saw what happened runs over to me,his hair is still wet from the shower.

"Are you ok?" He says taking my hand. Pete turns to me,his face full of concern. "I think so-" but I'm interrupted by another wave of pain.

Gripping Andy's hand and taking hold of Pete's I stutter "My w-waters," "what about them?" Pete asks eyes looking frantic.

"They've broken," I manage out while experiencing another wave.

"Shit what do we do?!" Pete turns to Andy. Thank god someone read maternity books!!

He looks at Pete with the same worried expression " Um get towels and hot water." I yell as the contraction hits again. "Hurry!" Andy adds.

Pete stumbles up and goes looking in cupboards. Joe who was woken by my screams walks in.

"What's up-oh geez!" He almost falls over. "Joe get Patrick!" I yell and clutch Andy's hand tighter. Joe disappears into the back of the bus.

"Ok Sky look at me," Andy says softly. I focus on his eyes. "The bus is at the side of the road with no hospital for miles-"

I cut him off with a scream. WHAT!!? I'm having this baby in a bus?! "Ahhh!!"

The screams rack through my body and Pete sprints around the room.

"Skylar calm down it's going to be fine" Andy says softly. "Guys-" Joe begins but my shouting interrupt "I can't have it now!! How is this happening!? It wasn't due for another few weeks!"

"Guys-" "Here you go!"Pete hands Andy about twenty towels and my heart rate doubles. Crap this is actually happening!!

"Guys-" "What Joe?!" I yell too stressed to care about being polite.

He looks around and swallows

"Patrick's gone..."