Chapter 11: Hiding 3-29-16

We ran down the hallway until we got to a fork in the path. There was cell after cell lining the walls of the hallway. We decided to rest inside of one. The cell that we went into didn't have a door, so we thought we would be safe of the time being. In the past two days we had been there, orcs I guessed, had lined the halls with torches. As we were in the door less cell, we could see a little from the hall.

We sat in the corner the same side as the doorway, so if anyone walked by, they wouldn't see us unless they actually peeked in.

"Were free," I whispered resting my head against the wall.

"Almost. How's your arm?" Merry asked.

I looked down at it. I realized I had been holding tightly to it. It seemed that the tighter I held onto it, the better it felt. "It stings and feels like it's on fire," I said.

It had stopped bleeding, but there was blood staining my arm, hands, and a lot on my shirt. The cut was on the inside of my left arm and measured from my elbow to almost my wrist. About four or five inches in length.

"We should probably wrap it up in something," Merry commented.

He started taking off the new bandage that was place on his head just before the escape.

"Don't, keep it for yourself," I said holding up my right hand and stopping him from taking it off.

Merry ignored me and continued to take it off. He then handed the bandage to me and said, "My head looks a lot better, right? Your arm is looking a lot worse, take it,"

I sighed and took it. I placed the bandage on my arm and wrapped it around. The bandage still had the black gooey stuff on it. Like I said before, I hoped this stuff was medicine.

"Thanks," I said looking to Merry. He nodded and with a sad smile he said, "I just wish these ropes were off my hands,"

My face lit up as I remembered something. I pulled out a sharp weapon that had been placed on my belt.

"Where in Middle Earth did you get that?!" Merry almost screamed with eyes wide open.

"Shhh! From that orc I took down. Before I came to help you, I took this weapon of his. It was on his belt,"

The weapon was a shiny pointed object. It was a sword to a Hobbit, but to an orc it was a dagger. Merry held out his hands and I cut off the ropes loose slowly. He let out a huge sigh of relief and massaged his wrists. They were a little cut up from the tight rope. We both sat there wondering what to do next. We discussed taking a nap since we were both exhausted from the fight. Merry took the first watch as I tried falling asleep. Once I positioned my arm in a comfortable way, I went into a deep sleep. I dreamt of being saved and going back home...

Home to the Shire.