Part Twelve

The pirates were swarming the tribe. A smaller group than what was fighting against the Lost Children, but large all the same. And worst of all: James was with them.

"Where's Katherine?" He demanded of one of the villagers. The villager spat on him.

"Traitor!" He shouted. James shot him. I gasped and covered my mouth. To late. James saw me. He walked towards me, a sly grin on his face. I ran into the room, closed the door, and looked around for a weapon. I found one of Peter's long, thin swords under a bed. Aha!

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He taunted from the doorway, before slicing open the febric of the tent, and climbing though. I wielded the sword, as he wielded his own. I was suddenly afraid, and threw a box at him. It hit him in the shoulder but he hardly reacted. "Don't you know it's rude to throw things?" He asked.

"I do. But it's also rude to try and kill people." I stated angrily.

"True that." He jabbed his sword foward, and I only just managed to dodge it. I stood up on a table, and dodged several of his slices by flying over them. But the tent was too small to get me completely out of his range. I flew through the door when his back was turned, but his sword caught my ankle, throwing me off balance. I slumped to the ground, landing painfully on my right shoulder.

Peter POV

I must say, I was expecting a much, much larger group of pirates. In fact, I swear it was smaller than it was before the cease fire. Strange. I had a gut feeling. And the feeling wasn't good.

"Pan!" One of the lost boys I had left to guard the village came running towards me.

"What Slightly?" I asked.

"You'd better come see this." His face betrayed it all. My suspicions were correct. Something is dreadfully wrong.

"What's happened?" I asked as we ran back to the camp.

"You'll see. Prepare yourself, Peter." We ran into the clearing, and we arrived just in time to see the sword enter Katherine's stomach. She didn't even cry out, she just fell backwards, clearly startled, and then collapsed. Both the boy and I gasped. Then I flew forward with every last bit of my strength, my sword outstretched- aiming for Hook. He deflected my sword, redirecting me into the tent. The impact nearly caused the whole structure to collapse.

"How could you!?" I screamed, staring down at a bleeding Katherine. Her face was nearly drained of blood, and she just kept panting and staring blankly up at the sky. Hook didn't even answer. He just turned and ran. "You coward! You lying, traitorous coward!" I called after him. I looked at the desolation around me. The whole base,half the people... gone. Tigerlily and a few others gathered around us. Tigerlily burst into tears and so did Bellatrix and several other members of Katherine's clique. I fell to my knees, staring up at the sky. Then down at Katherine. I moved her gently onto my lap, as though she was made from porcelain rather than flesh and bone.

"Peter..." She whispered.

"Shhh..." I put a finger to her lips to silence her. "Save your strength. It's going to be okay, Katherine. I promise. Everything's going to be okay." I moved her golden hair from her eyes, but she just stared up at me as though it pained her to do so.

"But- I need to tell you..." She gasped for breath. "I need to tell you that-"

"Katherine, please-"

"Peter... I love you. And I will never stop loving..." Her voice broke, and a tear slipped down her blue-white cheek. "You..."

"Until forever ends." I finished, wiping away the tear with my thumb, and pressing my lips against hers. Tinkerbell landed softly on my shoulder.

"It's time to go now. She has departed this world. Somewhere, a faerie has been reborn with Katherine's spirit. You will find her again, one day. You will always find the one you love, Peter Pan." She explained. I stood up, and picked up my sword.

Hook will never hurt Katherine, or anyone- especially not anyone with Katherine's soul- ever again. Peter Pan's coming for you, James Hook.