✁t w o

OLIVIA

Holidays were over and it was time to go to school again, my favourite place in the whole wide world. That was total sarcasm, by the way.

Ally, my 'best friend', came to my house earlier to pick out some clothes for me. She does that often, because if I pick someting myself it isn't good. It's mostly too black, according to Ally. I shouldn't be listening to her, telling me what to do, but what other choice I had? Or I could say no to her and she would spread rumors about me that weren't even true, or I could just listen to her and be her best friend, so nobody would say something negative about me. I chose for the second one two years ago, when we came together in class. And I also know exactly why: because I was and still am, insecure as fuck.

-

-

Ally apparently felt like going to school again after six weeks, because she sort of dragged me into the school, to our class. 

We got a letter saying we would be in the same class as last year, only one student was added. I didn't know who it was, I only knew it was a girl. I really, really hoped she wasn't like me, or like Ally, or like anyone else in this school. I wanted to see something different. Something that I wanted to be, but couldn't be because of my insecurities.

When we arrived to the classroom, with our mentor from last year, I couldn't help myself but looking through the class if I saw anyone new. I didn't. I was kind of dissapointed at first, but maybe she was just late because she was new here?

Although, five minutes later, when class had already started and our mentor was talking about the new school year, the door opened. My eyes went from my notebook that was filled with useless doodles to the door, where I saw the new girl. She was defenitely different. She was dressed all black (instead of her denim jacket), her eyes were almost completely dark and her hair was this white-blonde colour. I couldn't help but smile when I saw her walking into the classroom, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

-

"You guys had already read there was going to be a new girl added to the class, and this is her. Five minutes too late, but I'll forgive you on your first day of your new school.''  

Our mentor ironically laughed, because he always thought he was funny.

"So Adelaide, why don't you introduce yourself to your new class and your new mentor?"

Even her name was beautiful.

"What is she, some kind of emo? I mean, look at her. No way she's going to fit in here." Ally said, with an annoyed and jealous tone. Jealousy because all the guys kept looking at the new girl. They were just like me, surprised. In a good way.