Chapter 1

All I hear are screams. Screams so loud they're earsplitting. Try as I might to block them out, nothing I do works. There's blood everywhere, on the walls and the tile floor. But whose is it? Out of the small mirror in the corner I see myself on the floor, screaming and kicking with a six foot tall figure towering above me with a.....

"Wake up, idiot. We're gonna be late. You're so lucky I came to pick you up today, otherwise, you would've been totally screwed." said my best friend, Andy.

"Alright. I'm up. I just had the worst dream ever and you woke me up too early. I couldn't finish the dream. Hold on, what time is it?"

I looked at the clock and screamed. It was almost six-fifty, and knowing me, there was no way I'd be able to get ready on time. So I skip showering and rush to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, then brushed my hair, all as quickly as I possibly could. I ran out back into my bedroom. When I finished getting dressed, I went into the kitchen, where Andy was patiently waiting.

"Finally, can we get going now? I'm not getting in trouble if we're late because of you... again." he said, staring at my shoes and bag on the ground.

I went to pick them up and said "Sorry but that's a bit unfair. I've only been late about twice this year. And it's not my fault that I had that dream. It felt weird, like it was real."

"Wow, way to unleash the crazy in you so early in the morning, Dary." and he rolled his eyes. "Can we go?!"

"Let's go then. I can't wait to meet the new teacher for English. I wonder what happened to Mrs. Stevens." I said, as we walked to his car.